“SCAM, SCAM, SCAM” 1 of 5 stars

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“SCAM, SCAM, SCAM”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This company (and all their fake names) is a total fraud and SCAM. My husband purchased $700 worth of gift certificates as a Christmas present which were supposed to be valid for two years. Well, I know it has been 8 months but we waited for good weather and for our granddaughter to be able to go with us and now all their phone numbers are disconnected. No one responds to e-mails and I checked the BBB and they have an "F" rating. I called some skydiving places here in Sacramento and they said they won't use 1800skyride any longer because of their fraud. They basically take your money and then disappear or refuse to honor anything. They have now changed their name to weaty.com, before they also went under the name Thrill Planet (phone also disconnected) and then the number I got from godaddy.com for their website and called the woman said she never heard of weaty or 1800skyride. She was obviously lying. No one responds and since we waited to schedule our adventure it is probably too late to ask for a charge back from our CC company but will still try. Buyer beware here as they have a really nice website that is deceiving and easy to be duped into thinking you are getting the real deal. They are a total SCAM and I am ready to report them to the FBI Internet Fraud Division. $700 down the drain then they had the audacity to link a phone number to a racist rant from a so called Indian outsource rep who laughed and joked and said they didn't want to take my calls any longer. Be careful, they change their name all the time so you never know who you are dealing with. I would give them a minus 10 if I could.

Visited September 2012

St-Andre-d'Argenteuil, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A fraud,they spoiled my trip in Napa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This company spoiled my trip in Napa because I was all confirmed with Balloons Above the Valley for a balloon ride . I had made that reservation 9 months ago and I had called the Balloon above the Valley in January 2012 to make sure that this will work. The day before departure , when I called to confirm , the balloon operator tells me that they will not offer us the service because 1800skyride owe them a lot of money. After arguing with them , they told me that they will make an exception an take me at no charge. I woke up at 5 hres am to be told at the meeting point that I misunderstood and that my only choice was to pay again ( they offer a small discount..big deal!!). After arguing with the manager Bob , he told us that he can not afford to loose more money with that company. He preferred to have two empty seats in the balloon. We were in for a second deception. He obviously changed his mind during the night. We decided to leave Napa and not pay a second time . Then be aware do not loose your time. Now we will have to argue with the credit card insurance. I suppose that traveling is a mixt of a lot of good but sometimes bad experiences.

Visited September 2012
Tulsa, OK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This company is a complete SCAM! The only thing you can do once they've taken your money is call your CC Company and ask them to preform a Charge Back. CC Companies often side with thier customers especially if it is easy to see that the business is fradulent which in this case all they have to do is Google it! They basically ruined my Anniversary similar to how they've ruined hundreds of other people's special occasions. The internet is filled with sad stories and missed moments because of this scam of a company! Basically they set an appointment with a guy to send us up in a balloon, he later called and had to cancel. We called them back and they guaranteed us a 100% refund, and then since then we've heard nothing. I see on TripAdvisor.com that they have an address listed. I wonder if anyone from Kennesaw, GA has ever tried to settle things face to face with them. I'm a little ways from Georgia and I'm sure thinking about it, but I'll let my bank handle it at this point. You should do the same if you are reading this message a little to late!

THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON TO US ALL: DO RESEARCH BEFORE NOT AFTER, IF THE COMPANY YOU FIND ONLINE HAS A DIFFERENT COMPANIES VOICE PROMPT ON THE PHONE YOU SHOULD BE SUSPICIOUS AND RESEARCH THAT COMPANY TOO!!!

Visited July 2012
Conover, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“1800skyride and adventure sports is a scam! Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I purchased four tickets for hot air ballooning. The first trip was cancelled due to weather. When I tried to reschedule, I was told I had to pay an "up charge" of $100 because is was in a different state. When I tried to book the reservation with the balloonist they contracted with, I learned the balloonist had not been paid. After a half dozen attempts of getting 1800skyride/Adventure Sports, etc. (they have several names), I had to give up. They no longer answer their telephone and they have not returned my phone calls. At this time, I am out over $1,000.00!

The balloonist in our area tell me the company is filing bankruptcy and they have several indictments against them in the state of Georgia, their corporate office location.

Visited August 2011
Newport Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sky Ride is a complete scam!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This place is a complete rip off! They take your money and never schedule anything. You call and they make you wait over a half hour then tell you someone will get in touch with you and then they never do. You keep calling and its the same routine...

Do not get anything from this company.

Visited May 2012

If you own or manage 1800SkyRide, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.