“Best Hotel EVER” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Kennesaw

You added Wingate by Wyndham Kennesaw to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Kennesaw
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   560 Greers Chapel Drive, I-75 & Barrett Parkway, Kennesaw, GA 30144   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best Hotel EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I travel for work all the time. Stayed at this Wingate due to the location near work. During check-in I was greeted by the front desk staff, sales manager and general manager. All the staff was incredible. The rooms are outstanding, very comfortable beds and great showers. The Manager reception (dinner) was excellent. It is provided by local businesses, I just wish it was every night. I would highly recommend any traveler to stay at this outstanding hotel. There are plenty of and shops around if you get time to do anything. Otherwise stay in and hang out with the outstanding staff!

Room Tip: My room was a king with a mini fridge and micro wave which was great since I stayed a few nights.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
La Vonia D, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Kennesaw, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your very constructive words and positive feedback. We value your feedback. I will be sure to share everything with the entire team. We appreciate that you did value the service, amenities, and location of our hotel. Our team strives constantly to provide the best of service and accommodations for our guests.

Should your travels bring you back to Kennesaw, Georgia, we hope that you choose our hotel again for your stay.

La Vonia De Yampert-Wynn -- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Made my reservations 2 weeks in advance. Showed up after a 6-hr drive to find I had been "walked" which must be Wingate-ese for "send to a flea-bag Best Western". I am a corporate traveler, this is the only preferred hotel my company (Fortune 500) has in the Marietta area. No call, no email to let me know so I could make alternate plans to stay in a hotel fit for human habitation. The Best Western was near the University and was abysmal. Will never return to the Wingate.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We apologize for having to provide accommodations at another hotel for your stay. Unfortunately, there were circumstances at our hotel that would have made a less than desirable stay at our location. We try our best to partner with other hotels that can provide comparable service and amenities in these rare occasions. I am sorry that we failed you during this trip. We should have made attempts to contact you prior to your arrival, for this is the normal procedure, and I again apologize that this did not occur.

I have shared your experience and very constructive feedback with the team, so that we will do better in future.

Thank you again for sharing your experience again.

Best wishes,

La Vonia De Yampert-Wynn
Green Cove Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Kennesaw is the half-way point on a recent road trip. Due to a great rate on Priceline, we booked the Wingate for an overnight stay in both directions. The hotel is a bit tricky to find. The car's navigation system took a round-about route. There is an easy short cut but it goes through the parking lot of the Brunswick bowling alley. If you plan ahead, get a satellite view of the geography to show the best route. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping.

The lobby is clean and inviting. The staff (Toyna) vert friendly. The guest room was large and clean. The furnishings however have many miles on them. Drawers on the dresser in our room were crooked and off-track. Every chair in the breakfast room had cracked and split seat cushions. The couches are lumpy and used. The king bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was nicely presented but lacking a bit in taste and selection. I didn't know one could make scrambled eggs so tasteless.

OK for a night and an excellent value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your very constructive words and feedback. I will be sure to share everything with the entire team. We appreciate that our hotel did bring value for your stay. With your feedback we are examining ways to improve the our breakfast. I am sorry that you did experience a less than positive experience when it came to the overall product of our hotel. We are working with ownership to make the necessary improvements to furniture in both the guestrooms and lobby, so that in the future all of our guests will have a more positive experience.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We come to Georgia every year and stay here for baseball tournaments. Very clean, nice rooms, comfortable beds, good breakfast, near everything, nice staff.... Pool is clean, indoor spa is nice. Definetly a great value and place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012
La Vonia D, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Kennesaw, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind words and feedback. I will be sure to share everything with the entire team.
We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the Wingate Kennesaw, Georgia in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was our second stay at a Wingate hotel - and just as our first stay check-in staff are exceptionally friendly, the rooms are huge, super clean and modern...

they even have a pool, a hot tub and gym...

only thing is that the hotel location in a little awkward to find - but your gps is getting you there...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We strive to provide consistently good service and accommodations, so your feedback is appreciated.

Gainesville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel had the simplicity that delivered a casual and calm atmosphere the moment I entered the lobby. The hotel staff was extremely warm, accommodating, and sincere. Location of the facility was excellent, and directly accessible from the main road.

The structure is considerably new so GPS navigation tends to guide you through a longer "back route" other than the more direct one you would learn from the main road, once you've reached the place and chat with the front desk. Everything you would ever need / want is no more than 1-2 miles away (e.g. gas, shopping malls, restaurants, coffee, bowling, etc) and the rooms are quiet and extremely cozy. Wireless internet is free and complimentary breakfast is not bad.

I stayed here after a 6-hour drive from Florida for a meeting in a nearby University the next day. It was my first time in Kennesaw and much as I was very happy to have visited this part of Georgia, my stay here added to my deep appreciation for this city. It was worth spending an extra night to enjoy Kennesaw and Red Top Mountain (Cartersville) while I was here; especially with the cozy and simple comforts I enjoyed in this hotel. Cheers to Mahogany, Denise and their Manager for a job well done. I look forward to visiting this place again.

Room Tip: I had a quiet and comfortable stay on the ground floor facing the parking lot. Insulation of the roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

SW Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I stopped here on our way home from Florida. We had planned to make it much further down the road, but we encountered so much traffic between southern Florida and Atlanta, that we had to stop earlier than planned. And while the traffic was frustrating, the benefit was staying at this hotel. It was clean, with a huge nicely-appointed room, with the most comfortable bed that we've slept in on the road (and we do travel a good bit), in a nice, safe location. The wi-fi signal was strong and dependable (and free), and the staff was gracious and accommodating. The breakfast the next morning was adequate. The hotel was a little awkward to find ... but our GPS got us right there. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
La Vonia D, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Kennesaw, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and opportunity to provide such kind words about our hotel. I have shared your review with the team and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are constantly striving to make our hotel a great place for all of past, present, and future guests. We look forward to hopefully providing you with accommodations in the future.

Wingate Kennesaw
Hotel Management and Staff

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Kennesaw? Share your experiences!