“I'd certainly never stay here again” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Gas Card Package
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
“I'd certainly never stay here again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We travel on business a lot and I can honestly say this was the worst hotel we have stayed at by far. Rooms smelled musty and dirty, keys only worked half the time and people at front desk were unfriendly and not eager to please at all. Consider yourself warned..

• Stayed October 2012
Adam V, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Bhappy77

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw. I apologize that the service quality was not up to your standards. We strive to provide exceptional guest service and clearly fell short in your case.

Again, thank you for your patronage and we hope you would give us another try the next time your travel brings you to the Kennesaw area.

Adam Vickers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Copperhill, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Location is nice near 75. That is about all I can say. My room keys weren't working. I had to go back down and was told they should work so the guy comes up to room. Sure enough they didn't. I had no key to my room. Bedding was dated and needs to be better for price. They had a large group there with people running down halls. It was just a mess. Would not advise going. Checked out in am and was never ask once if my stay was okay. Just you have your bill...and that was it. I made a point to mention the door issue....it had not been noted from night before. The man told me oh....we will make a note about that. Never said he was sorry or even have a great day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw. I apologize for the issue concerning your key cards not working and the unresponsiveness of our staff in this matter. Our Goal at the Springhill Suites is to please 100% of our guests 100% of the times but unfortunately we did not meet our goal with you. Immediately after you reported the incident in the morning, we did check the door lock and had the issue repaired.

Once again the Springhill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw strives for perfect guest satisfaction, our service scores are ranked amongst the top within the Springhill Suites Family of hotels. We are very sorry we were not able to satisfy you in this instance.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The family liked the sitting area separate from the sleeping. The hotel seemed very clean. The room decor seemed a little dated and had a musty odor. The overall stay was decent but we may try a different hotel if in the area again. The hotel was in a good location.

• Stayed June 2012
Adam V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments in regard to your stay at the Springhill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw. I apologize for the odor in your room. We take great pride in keeping up our accomodations to Marriott standards. I will be researching your comments and sharing with our staff. We hop that you choose the Springhill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw again in the future when your travel needs bring you to the Kennesaw area.

General Manger
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel was super quiet and in a great location. The actual room had an odd layout and some dated aspects but great features like a huge TV and sitting area more than made up for it. The bed was very comfy but the stand out feature for me was how amazingly crisp and clean everything felt! In my travel experience that is rare. Also a huge asset to this property was a very friendly staff, especially the young lady who checked us in, very sweet girl.

• Stayed June 2012
Adam V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments! We appreciate you selecting the Springhill Suites Kennesaw for your lodging needs and we hope to serve you in the future when your travel brings you to the Kennesaw area.

Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We did not like this hotel. I can't believe it is not well-maintained being so close to a university. While the location is great, right off I-75 in Kennesaw, the property leaves much to be desired. The rooms look old old old, feels dated, does not feel clean. The complimentary breakfast was hot, about the only plus. We had run out of Hilton points and had to leave the very well-appointed Homewood Suites off Barrett Parkway for this...bad move. We have never had a problem with SpringHill Suites before, but this is one location I will avoid in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was at this Hotel in March 2012. I would not recommend this hotel, I would rather stay at the Residence Inn 1/2 mile away. The rooms in this hotel smelled very musty and it got a lot worse when the air conditioner turned on. There was just an overwhelming odor as you opened the door to the room.

Room Tip: Stay at a different Marriott in the area if you are loyal to Marriott.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kennasaw. With regard to the facility, Hilton Garden Inn rates higher; hotel in better condition, rooms are more comfortable, clean and updated. I will say that the staff is more friendly at Springhill although I was a bit disappointed that I had to have a discussion with the front desk about having allergy free pillows and bedding rather than them simply saying, "I see from your reservation that you want allergy free bedding and wanted you to know that we will take care of that asap". Instead they asked me about it, told me the room wasn't set up with it but they could do that if I wanted it. I was in a hurry and told them to disregard. Yes, my allergies kicked up so I had to take some extra meds.

Overall the hotel is ok. Will I stay here again, most likely not. This is no reflection on the staff as they were very friendly but rather a reflection on the facility and price. The Hilton Garden Inn just down the street has a nicer facility for the same price. The staff is not as friendly or accomodating so I plan to try Embassy Suites next. I'll let you know how that goes.

Cheers,