“Showing wear, nice service, so-so breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   905 Cobb Place Boulevard, Kennesaw, GA 30144   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Jacksonville, FL
“Showing wear, nice service, so-so breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I should declare my bias first. I am a big fan of Embassy Suites, and this was my first stay at a Homewood. We ended up paying just a little under what I am used to spending for an ES, but felt we gave up quite a bit in the bargain.

Our room was fairly remote. It required pulling to the side of the building, entering through a key access, an elevator ride that should have been short. We were warned by the front desk that it was slow to close, but geezz. It takes it about 40 seconds to decide it's going to close, which I'm sure tempts the uninformed to start pushing buttons. When it finally decides to start closing, it does it like molasses, and emits a disturbing alarm sound as the door crawls closed. That followed a long walk to the opposite end of the hallway to our room. A walk back for breakfast in the AM was down three long hallways, exacerbated by poor signage. Part of my crew was pretty winded by the time they made it.

The hotel was showing some wear, particularly in our room. The carpet was worn, and looked like it predated a furniture move, judging from the extreme wear in some unusual areas. The furniture had lots of dings, but nothing serious. All we did was sleep, so we didn't utilize the kitchen at all. The shower was basically fine, with some mild mildew on a couple areas of the tile. The shower head (a massager type) was broken, and only shot a single high pressure stream, and refused to adjust. We didn't report it, and therefore can't judge the response. The blackout curtains did their job, and the beds were comfy and fresh feeling.

Breakfast was on the low side. I did have a 'make your own" waffle that was tasty. Fruit choices were minimal. I've grown to despise the "egg patties" that I'm seeing showing up at some Hilton properties. I don't know if they are coming in pre-cooked or what, but they are tasteless and rubbery.

Again, it was my first "Homewood" stay. They clearly specialize in longer term guests (dinner is included most evenings). A little extra wear is to be expected. Our style leans more to ES, and it will continue to be our choice when it's available.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that some rooms are a LONG way away from the lobby. Ask before accepting what meets yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Treasure Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

First off I am partial to Homewood Suites, but I still think an unbiased review is always needed to help others make a proper choice when travelling as well.

This location is away from the highway so to avoid traffic noise. It is located by multiple restaurants like Ted's Montana Grill, Red Lobster, Outback and many others.

The hotel has an older "deco" feel and furnishings but still comfortable for a night or two. The breakfast area is large and provideds the usual hot /cold breakfast that Homewood Suites is known for in the hotel business. The price for a weekday night is a bit higher than other locations around Georgia, but since this is the North suburbs of Atlanta it comes with the territory.

The staff were pleasant and professional.

And I always recommend a room on the top floor, which is usually quieter than others with no one above you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was convenient and good. The facility was clean. It is conveniently located near many shops and restaurants and the Kennesaw national Battle Field. Great stay. Very impressed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Location provided easy access to I85 and I75. Rooms very large with the necessary accessories for multiple day stay. The ceiling fans gave the room unique ambiance. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the property. Breakfast choice were superb, special thanks to Mrs. Cade for the preparation. Only downside worth noting is the west wing elevator very slow in operating. Staff were extremely helpful with any request.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Staff was great, room was clean, rooms are huge, smells fresh, bathroom is clean, hotel is almost new, there was no complaints...i love the rooms, they are so beautiful inside, the furnishings are nice with earth tone colors, i LOVED that they had ceiling fans, Ashley the Assistant GM was so kind to me, she extended me a late check out and when i came to check out with her, she had a smile always and was very friendly, hats off to housekeeping, for such a clean room, keep up the good work here.

Room Tip: all rooms are good,
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was in the hotel for a very short stay...in after dinner, out after a quick breakfast. The king suite I had was large and well-appointed and very clean-looking. I wish I could have stayed longer! The breakfast was fine, but I arrived in the last hour of serving, and the staff had apparently had a hard time keeping up with demand. I had to wait for clean plates, replenishment of food, etc. I should have known to grab an earlier breakfast, as this has happened to me in other hotels.

As in all Homewood Suites I've stayed in, room door closings are loud, but otherwise it's a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had a three room suite for a reasonable price for our family of 7. We looked out at the basketball court and putting green which our kids loved. The pool area is VERY nice, outdoor pool only. They offer a light evening meal Monday-Thursday. It was okay, I have had a little better at the Drury Inn in Marietta. No dessert, no fountain drinks. The kids like the popcorn and all night fountain drink access better at the Drury. The room was very nice, someone had been smoking in one of the bathrooms, that was a little disappointing. But over all we would stay here again for the unique opportunity to have a suite that we all fit in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family