I spent three nights here in January 2014 with my cousin and six year old daughter. If you are a brave traveller you can hire a car to get here from San Jose airport, but we were glad we paid for the hotel's transport as the roads were scenic and winding. Villa Blanca is a nature lover's paradise. Hikes around the property, benches to watch the hummingbirds feed, a chance to milk cows -oh yes, and eat the fresh homemade yogurt and cheese from that milk the next day in the restaurant! The food is excellent, especially the buffet breakfast. The casitas were private, clean and beautiful. The staff were all wonderful - attentive and friendly. This place has it's own research station, greenhouses and vegetable gardens - amazing! I can see that some children might get bored here after a few days, but mine loved watching the hummingbirds, leafcutter ants, frogs and milking the cows! Would go back any time and look forward to staying at their sister hotel Aguila Osa Inn - Si Como No was also excellent! Thanks Jim, for your commitment to eco-friendly tourism in beautiful Costa Rica!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just over an hour's drive from San Jose International Costa Rica airport (SJO), eco-minded travelers from all over the world have reveled in the beauty of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel, located within the Los Angeles Private Biological Nature Reserve & Research Station in the Canton of San Ramon. The hotel is ideally situated as a gateway to Arenal Volcano and the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Here, you're immersed in one of the world's most precious and complex jungle ecosystems - the cloud forest. This boutique mountain hotel is nestled on 75-acres of gentle rolling hills, with well-appointed "casitas" and Honeymoon Suites, each with their own fireplace, and surrounded by acres of lush botanical gardens. Originally owned by former president Rodrigo Carazo Odio and First Lady, Estrella Zeledon de Carazo, Villa Blanca has become a renown and cherished Costa Rica destination. The architecture reflects the original farm village concept, with a welcoming Hacienda, offering guests exceptional Costa Rican hospitality, premier dining, a private theater, conference facilities, and pampering spa menu. Also quite unique is a replica of a 14th century Roman wedding chapel, La Mariana, with its hand painted ceramic ceiling. Choose from a variety of nature-based activities, including horseback, zip-lines, and user-friendly guided trials, plus excursions to Arenal and Poas volcanoes, hot springs, and rural-cultural tours. This is the Costa Rica where those who "travel well and travel right" want to go. Please feel free to visit our sister-site, one of the most prestigious Manuel Antonio hotels, Si Como No. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Blanca Cloud Forest
- Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel And Nature Reserve Costa Rica/San Ramon