This hotel is an incredible place in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully I had the hotel arrange transportation from the San Jose airport because if I had gotten a random cab I would have thought we were being kidnapped as this place sits alone on the top of a mountain in the most incredible cloud forest (Don't worry ... I didn't know what that was either) that requires 9km of dirt roads to get there.
Once we arrived and started to take the place in, my wife and I realized this was a hidden paradise.
Staff was incredible, our room was a stand alone cottage with fireplace and patio. I even had wi-fi which amazed me.
The cloud forest was spectacular and the hotel arranged a tour guide that explained more then I could have imagined. I'm not into bird watching but I did find myself addicted to it while there.
They have a spa on property and even a state of the art screening room/theater if you want to catch up on a few movies.
The hotel boasts that they are Eco friendly and self sustaining. How cool was it to watch my wife try to milk a cow in the morning when they asked if we wanted to experience that.
There is a research center on property and you will be fascinated with what is being explored and developed.
But the greatest asset is the natural beauty, serenity and overall retreat qualities.
There is a beautiful non- denominational chapel on property that was built by an ex- President of Costa Rica for his wife on their 50th Anniversary. I understand it is available for weddings so if you are looking to get married in an exotic destination, this place is for you.
I will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just over an hour's drive from San Jose International Costa Rica airport (SJO), eco-minded travelers from all over the world have reveled in the beauty of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel, located within the Los Angeles Private Biological Nature Reserve & Research Station in the Canton of San Ramon. The hotel is ideally situated as a gateway to Arenal Volcano and the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Here, you're immersed in one of the world's most precious and complex jungle ecosystems - the cloud forest. This boutique mountain hotel is nestled on 75-acres of gentle rolling hills, with well-appointed "casitas" and Honeymoon Suites, each with their own fireplace, and surrounded by acres of lush botanical gardens. Originally owned by former president Rodrigo Carazo Odio and First Lady, Estrella Zeledon de Carazo, Villa Blanca has become a renown and cherished Costa Rica destination. The architecture reflects the original farm village concept, with a welcoming Hacienda, offering guests exceptional Costa Rican hospitality, premier dining, a private theater, conference facilities, and pampering spa menu. Also quite unique is a replica of a 14th century Roman wedding chapel, La Mariana, with its hand painted ceramic ceiling. Choose from a variety of nature-based activities, including horseback, zip-lines, and user-friendly guided trials, plus excursions to Arenal and Poas volcanoes, hot springs, and rural-cultural tours. This is the Costa Rica where those who "travel well and travel right" want to go. Please feel free to visit our sister-site, one of the most prestigious Manuel Antonio hotels, Si Como No. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Blanca Cloud Forest
- Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel And Nature Reserve Costa Rica/San Ramon