• Very hospitable, helpful hosts
• Clean, attractive environmentally friendly rooms
• Beautifully designed family and guest livingroom/dining/kitchen area
• Delicious food
• Lovely location
• Interesting sights within driving distance
We spent four nights at Casa Amanecer and can only say positive things about Chris and Louisa’s hospitality, warmth and helpfulness throughout our time there. In fact their helpfulness preceded our arrival as Chris assisted us in arranging for two car rentals – one for us and one for our son and his family- for our departure from San Ramon. The bed and breakfast is in a lovely location, the individual rooms and adjoining bathrooms are comfortable, clean, and environmentally friendly. One can sit outside the bedrooms on traditional Costa Rican rocking chairs and enjoy the views or relax in the large and airy family living /dining /kitchen area that guests are invited to share . One is definitely made to feel at home. Breakfasts are delicious and healthy. Dinner, if you choose it, is equally delicious with Chris and Louisa contributing to the preparation. Although we didn’t have a car for the first few days, Chris made arrangements for us to visit a coffee plantation and a cloud forest in the area. Costs for these were reasonable and it was reassuring to know that the money went towards supporting the local people. This bed and breakfast is also child friendly with Chris and Louisa’s children eager to play with others and willing to share their toys. Casa Amanecer gave us a wonderful introduction to Costa Rica.
Joe and Joy, London, Ontario, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cozy, teak bed and breakfast in San Ramon, just minutes from the town center. Come and enjoy our home-grown organic coffee, herbal teas, fresh mountain air, healthy vegetarian fare and relaxing massage. The house was published in the March 2009 issue of Su Casa, with focus on sustainable architecture. We are former Habitat for Humanity employees from Costa Rica, Peru and the US and love to share the best that Latin America has to offer with our guests, including the food, music, poetry and the history. You can relax, read, write or connect to high-speed wireless internet out on the covered veranda. Also, we are always glad to help plan your trip, or offer suggestions. Just drop us a line. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Casa Amanecer B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Amanecer B&B Costa Rica/San Ramon