“Best steak north of Copenhagen” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: MASH – Modern American Steak House offers something completely new –a sophisticated modern american steakhouse with a twist of danish informal eating and drinking. The idea is to deliver an authentic steak dinner with lots of flavour served in very nice designed surroundings.MASH – Modern American Steakhouse – A sincere approach to elegant and refined dining set in relaxed and comfortable surroundings. We present a culinary pleasure and experience that will captivate the senses. The contemporary design of the restaurant is aesthetically pleasing on the eye, as are the outstanding meat cuts on offer.We welcome you to the MASH adventure.
Holte, Denmark
“Best steak north of Copenhagen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

One of the best steak restaurants in Copenhagen. Casually courteous and friendly staff with very good knowledge of the menu. Good variety of steaks and origins. Very well-stocked winemenu. I recommed the Turley Juvenile Zinfandel

Visited July 2014

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good meat but arrogant service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

MASH is one of my favorite restaurants and I have been to and made reviews of all of them both in DK and in UK
This was my second visit to Skovriderkroen and unfortunately it confirmed the experience I had the first time .... That you should go to Bredgade or choose another restaurant
Before listing the issues I want to say that the meat was of good quality and well cooked (we had the Porterhouse)
The main problem (and most likly the route of the other problems) is the poor and arrogant attitude of the staff
First the unattentive and clearly incompetent waitress took down our order of starters wrong. When we explained this a head waiter came to cross examine us if this was actually our own fault.
Then my wife received her asparagus which should have been with poached eggs but the egg was uncooked - we send the dish back. The second time around it was still not poached but at least the egg was cooked (see pictures) - when the waitress boldly came to ask if it was OK we explained that we accepted it (didnt not want to wait again) but that it was not our definition of poached to which the waitress replied : "well, it is not me who cooks it, is it"
Later another waiter served us sparkling water instead of still water and mixed this in our glasses and clearly was anoyed when we asked him to corrct his mistake. When I asked for a Tawny for dessert the waitress brought Sauterne .......
Not at any time did we get any small hint of that any of the three staff were concerned about provide us with a nice experience
As mentioned the meat is good - we like also the ice creams. Starters have never been their specialities but the attitude is pulling them down !
Take the 15 min to go to the other MASH at CPH centre or choose another restaurant

Visited July 2014
Stenloese, Denmark
“Best steakhouse In town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Here you get great steaks and not least really good side dishes. The prices are rather High but Well worth it.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have been few times to this Mash and to the London/Brewer Street one and I found them satisfactory. My experience on Sunday 22 June 2014 (dinner) was however horrible. we were 5 adults all ordering steak. One came well done instead of medium rare. two Wagyu beef (about US$130 a piece) came as 2 flat chunks of solid fat pieces one wouldn't give to a dog. Just like dark rubber. I returned them. One was replaced with a good Sirloin beef and I didnt want anything else for myself. I was so upset I could not eat. there was of course no charge for the disgusting meat.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Weekend brunch...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We went for our fourth weekend brunch by MASH, and this time for our daughter’s birthday, why we arrived at 10.30 Saturday morning. The food was excellent as usual and they have everything you would like for a perfect brunch. But you have to remember that you have to pay for whatever you want to drink, which is not cheap, but never the less lovely food and drinks…

The really negative thing is the children, because the brunch for children is quite cheap, then mothers come with their small children, and because Danish children are not broad up quite well, so most of them have no manners and they a pain in the a…, and the mothers don’t care about their behavior at all, then ones mood can be damaged quite a lot, by screaming, children on the floors, ipads and noise from children music, etc.

So try to avoid arriving to early, because then your brunch will be spoiled of badly behaved children and ignorant mothers, so arrive from 12.30/13.00 then you have a chance for some decent level of noise…

I wish that MASH would make a special area only for mothers with children, so normal and full paying guests could get a better experience in the future!

• Visited May 2014