“Shocked at Reviews!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miller's Landing

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seward
Miller's Landing
Ranked #28 of 41 Specialty Lodging in Seward
Wasilla, AK
“Shocked at Reviews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

I have to admit that I'm shocked at some of the poor reviews on Miller's Landing that our listed here. I recently stayed at Miller's Landing in the Admirals Cottage and it was wonderful! The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. They helped get my crew of 6 adults outfitted for every adventure we could have hoped for. It is a true Alaskan experience and treasure. I was so pleased that I went back last week and stayed in their hostel-like rooms called "The Barnicals"...I think that's what they're called. It was just myself staying so this was more cost effective. Again, a great experience. If you've ever stayed at a camp ground this is the best of the best.

I'm glad that I stayed there before reading some of these reviews or I might have missed out on such a fabulous trip. Thank you to the staff and management of Miller's Landing for the wonderful job that you all do apparently without thanks from others.

I highly encourage anyone thinking of going to Seward to look them up and see how great they really are!

• Liked — The staff was willing to get us set up for cruizes, kayaking and fishing trips.
  • Disliked — It can be rainy in Seward.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

This place is an absolutely filthy dump. The women's bathrooms are a joke. When someone opens the door to the bathroom it hits the person standing at the sink. The cabins are rustic and dirty. I actually wrote a hate letter to Frommers for recommending this place.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ChanceMiller, General Manager at Miller's Landing, responded to this review, June 2, 2007
Unfortunately, Miller's Landing is not for everyone. Especially in the early part of the season. I am the General manager of the facility and did not arrive until May the 17th of this year. At the time of your visit we did not have any of our outside maitenace staff, none of our kayak staff and a limited number of our reservation staff on hand.

One must remember that the tourist season in Alaska is very brief and we ususally are not staffed until the last weekend in May.

You are correct that the camptground is rustic. It is located on an original homestead founded in 1957 by the original owners mother. During the time you were here on your trip the cabins were just being brought out of winter storage and staff were just arriving for the beginning of the season.

The main objective of Miller's Landing is to offer our guests the joys of beautiful Resurrection Bay, camping, hiking, kayaking, boating, fishing and just eh pleasure of being alone by the sea. This adventure does not apply to many.

We regret that you were not pleased by your experience.

Tom Martin,

Been to Miller's Landing? Share your experiences!