“The highlight of my trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alaska Paddle Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seward
Alaska Paddle Inn
You added Alaska Paddle Inn to your Saves list
13745 Beach Drive Lowell Point, Seward, AK 99664   |
Ranked #2 of 52 Seward B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
homer, alaska
“The highlight of my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

The Paddle Inn is perfectly located away from the bustle of Seward. The scenery is amazing, with the best beach walking and tide pooling right out your front door. The room was beautiful, from the woodwork and A-frame Alaskan feel to the special decor - local artwork and a fantastic library. Did I mention the stone shower? It is worth a visit just to take a rinse in that - then dry off next to the fireplace with a glass of wine. sigh. I wish I was there now.....Alan and Allison were excellent guides - take their advice as far as things to do in town, or boat trips to take - they know their stuff!

Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

Stayed in High Tide room for 4 days, enjoyed hiking on the beach and nearby Cain's Head Trail. Also drove to and hiked Exit Glacier and Lost Lake Trails. Enjoyed peaceful out of town location - 3 miles from Seward. Good continental breakfast. Full refrigerator and microwave, toaster and bar bq grill for use. We spent hours in the comfortable chairs in the living room watching the hummingbirds, eagles, otters, etc out on the bay through the large picture windows. Good selection of books on Alaska. Charming, helpful host.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

Couldn't possibly say enough good things about the Paddle Inn! Alan and Allison are awesome, the view is incredible, the accomodations are lovely and invite you fully embrace your vacation. We've stayed there several times, always even better than I expect it to be. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

I have traveled a lot and this Bed & Breakfast is truly one of a kind. The unparalleled combination of phenomenal location, unique ambiance and great hosts make it the hidden gem I go looking for when I travel. Alan Heavirland was an incredibly generous host sharing his love of Alaska and his local knowledge. Alan handcrafted the two B&B rooms and his exceptional craftsmanship is clearly evident. The Inn is steps from the water on Lowell Point, just outside of Seward, so it would be a kayaker's dream, but I enjoyed a wonderful day of ski touring with friends out to Crescent Lake.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

I stayed in the high tide room and was amazed by the quality of the carpentry, cozy decor, and incredible view. Alan and Alison built their B&B and the thought and care that went into it is apparent from the detailed railings outside to the local art on the walls. Ouside there are kayaks for flower beds and a hand built kayak on display. Inside there is a fireplace to read next to or enjoy the view and there are waffles to make in the morning! I enjoyed my stay immensely and would recommend it to anyone looking to stay a minutes walk to the beach with the best view in town!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

My wife, daughter, and I enjoyed the scenery and comfort of the High Tide Room for our second time recently, and we already look forward to our next visit. We are always impressed by the workmanship and forethought that went into the Alaska Paddle Inn. It really shows that the builder(s) was both an artist and a craftsman, by all the unique features and accents that are part of the building (docking cleat used for a door handle, orca/sea kayaker mural on the exterior, shower tile work, etc.). Allen and Alison are such genuine Alaskans; and I mean that in a good way. They seem to really know the ins and outs of the area, and pointed us in the right direction when looking for something fun to do during our off-season visit.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

We had been to Seward before and loved the view from the point but to stay there was incredible. We used our stay as a fill in prior to a week stay on the Kenai River. We only wish we had more days to stay with our most tremendous hosts. The two of them have done such a beautiful job putting this place together. The view of Resurrection Bay is incredible but the beauty carries over to the inside. It was meticulously clean extremely impressive with the construction. There is no question that we will go back and I cannot wait!! I stayed in the High Tide room and I could sit up in bed and gaze out over Resurrection Bay from my extremely comfortable king size bed. It was very peaceful and beautiful!
Allen and Alison have a tremendous affinity for the area and its culture.

• Liked — The view of Resurrection Bay is incredible but the beauty carries over to the inside
  • Disliked — We didn't stay long enough
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Alaska Paddle Inn? Share your experiences!