“Halibut Fishing in the Great Last Frontier” 5 of 5 stars

907224 2606
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer quality half day, full day and multi day fishing excursions in the waters of Western Prince William Sound and the Kenai Fjords National Park and beyond. With 17 years of experience and top of the line equipment, we stack the deck in your favor for a great day of sportfishing in Seward Alaska.
El Paso, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Halibut Fishing in the Great Last Frontier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I'm likely going to echo so many other reviews of Crackerjack, but here it goes------WOW! One of the most amazing experiences I've had ocean fishing. The captain (Jeff) was informative, helpful, supportive, attentive, and and obviously a Formula I driver in a previous life. He got us to the fishing grounds in around 2.25 hours, and gave the six fishermen the time of their lives.
The fishing was far more enjoyable than what I expected (came home with over 40 pounds of filets), and the men with whom I had the pleasure of fishing (Eric, Jorg, Logan, Matt, and Wayne) were true gentlemen.
The boat limited out on halibut (I was the lone straggler, but finally got my second beast), and we returned to the docks with an 85 pounder, a 65 and 60 pounder, and a bunch of 30-20 pounders.
The Captain is a master. The fishing was spectacular. The experience was unforgettable.
Got to see catches of monster ling cod and sting rays along with the halibut we all brought home.
To anyone considering a fishing trip out of Seward, I have 3 pieces of advice:
1. Spend the money booking the trip. You won't regret it.
2. Go with Crackerjack. You can't find a better Captain, boat, or company.
3. Take my cousin's advise and "take extra money to ship your fish home--because you WILL catch some monsters out there".

I CANNOT thank the Captain and company of Crackerjack enough. And I cannot express how GREAT a time/adventure this was for me--and will be for you.

Orlando, Florida
“Best fishing trip of my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

If you're looking to book the best charter fishing boat in Seward, Alaska, look no further than Crackerjack Sportfishing Charters. Everything about this operation is top notch. The Captain is extremely skilled and finds you the fish, no matter what the conditions are. They go above and beyond on all fronts. The office manager is polite and goes out of her way to answer all your questions. The boat and tackle is immaculate and the best available. The captain is a great guy, funny and fun to talk to. The mates work their butts off helping you catch fish and the fishing is just incredible. We caught halibut, rockfish, lingcod and black bass in all sizes. I also really appreciated that the captain is aware of the status of the fisheries. We released several big breeding-size fish to swim another day and still took home plenty of fish as we filled our limit on both days. I will definitely be going with these guys again.

Anchorage, Alaska
“Epic Fishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Capt. Andy and Deckhand Jeff are amazing. The whole operation from start to finish cannot be touched, and I've been on 15+ halibut charters plus fishing with friends. Fish wise, I have never seen nor heard of anything like the 3 day/2 night trip I just had with CrackerJack this past weekend. We consistently kept 60-90 pound fish, released everything(5-8 fish) over 100 pounds since they're the breeders, and were in the hunt for the derby winner. The action was non-stop and everything went exactly how the captain said it would go. Knowledge is power, and they got the knowledge! Everything else was amazing too! Great boat, gear, accommodations, food, scenery, the works! Don't call around, just call them and hope they have an opening.

Bill

Seward, Alaska
3 attraction reviews
“This is who you should fish with!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've fished with a variety of charter operators in Seward over the past 15 years and honestly Crackerjack Sportfishing and Capt Andy are my first choice. Very comfortable and nice boat, great inside seating and bathroom... And they know how to put you on the fish! This is a very professional outfit, great service and really nice equipment. (the Penn halibut rods are so nice!) and results.... Consistently a leader in the annual halibut tournament in Seward. I just caught an 88 pound halibut with them yesterday and had a blast!

O'Fallon, Illinois
“Great Fishing Adventure with top notch captain and crew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

We could not have asked for more from this team at Crackerjack Sportfishing. They are top notch. We were never waiting for fish.

Visited August 2011
oceanpro907, Owner at Crackerjack Sportfishing Charters, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Mark thanks for coming with us. That was an epic long range trip, with great weather, very good fishing and good company. Hope to see you again in 2012!

AM