“Great dinner but overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Seward
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
St. Augustine, FL
“Great dinner but overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband & I were here recently & ate at the bar since the wait was so long. Our dinners were excellent but we felt they were overpriced compared to similar restaurants.

Visited August 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Sat down for lunch after a party of 15 and our server made sure that our order got in before the large party did. The lunch was fabulous.

Minnesota
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Ate here after an all day boat tour. Great, friendly service, clean restaurant and really good food. A lot of us had the fish and chips which were wonderful, but everyone enjoyed their food.

Visited June 2014
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
“1st Visit = A / 2nd Visit = F”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife and I ate at Chinooks twice in Seward. The reason for my 3 rating is due to our second visit.
1st Visit (A) - We ate dinner at Chinooks our first night in Seward. We arrived our 5 PM and got a table with a great view of the harbor. Our server was very good and the food was amazing. We started with king crab sliders which were good. I had the mac and cheese with scallops and my wife had the sable fish. Both entrees were very good but I wish I ordered the sable fish as it was really good.
2nd Visit (F) - We decided to eat dinner at Chinooks on our last day in Seward because of our first experience. It was a Wed. night around 7 PM and the restaurant was packed. We decided to sit at the bar which was a HUGE MISTAKE. The bar tender/server (Stan S.) was terrible. We wanted to order some appetizers so we could try a bunch of food and Stan kept on showing us where the entrees were and "that's where we should be looking". We ordered the clam strips, seafood chowder and ceaser salad w/ smoked salmon. He never came over to ask us if our food was good and I feel he ignored us since we didn't order any entrees. It was a bad way to end our visit to Seward.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio
“Salmon was awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great fresh Sockeye salmon - it was a real treat. Considering that the fish come in right there at the harbor, I thought it was a little pricey, but was definitely excellent.

Visited July 2014