“Great view, alright meal” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 44 restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Morgan, TX
“Great view, alright meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I drove down to Seward from Anchorage and stopped at Chinooks for a late lunch. The service was good but the food wasn't anything exceptional. The view, my picture speaks for itself.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Spokane, Washington
“Best View in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here in August 2010. Don't let the front view of the restaurant fool you because this place has the best waterfront view of the Seward Harbor. We were seated on the second floor on the left side of the restaurant where not only do you get an awesome view of the harbor but also the best people-watching view.

It was an awesome experience watching people from the harbor get off their charter boats and bring their catch to a place just a little in front and to the left of Chinooks restaurant. My husband and I had a blast watching "butchers" clean the fish, as well as watching those folks who caught the biggest fish, and some of them taking pictures with their best catch.

Granted, we did not come to this restaurant to people-watch, but what we saw was some sort of entertainment that tells you more about the City of Seward.

The food was excellent (I had Halibut cheeks for the first time!). We visited with our waitress and she was very helpful in pointing out places to visit. Up to this day, I follow Chinooks Restaurant in Facebook to find out what food they feature every single time :) Pricewise, the food was worth the experience of dining here.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Fe, NM
“Thought it was pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stopped here before our train ride back to Anchorage it was just ok. I'm sure the location has something to do with their prices.

Visited August 2013
Seward, Alaska
“Best in town this year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food, wine and service were great! We had the risotto appetizer and the scallop mac-n-cheese, paired with a fine bottle of Malbec. It was a great way to end my day after serving my own big dinner party.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, United States
“Excellent food and service to match”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here on our last day. We tried to eat here the night before but did not want to wait (next time I will wait). Since it was lunch, it was not too busy. Our server was prompt and courteous. The wife had the chinook (king salmon) and I had the king crab. Not especially difficult dishes but everything was prepared perfectly. Take a look at the pic, look good to you? I will visit again.

• Visited June 2013