“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Big Lake, Minnesota
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Not too many options in town for a good dinner with a clean decent place. This place is clean, fast, and in a great spot, the service was great and food quality was great. Even though we had no kids the kids that were there we not loud and they stuck families in a different section.

San Francisco, California
“Good food and great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The halibut was outstanding and the view is gorgeous. Friendly service, but holy cow it took a long time for our food to arrive (close to an hour after ordering). We weren't in a rush but we sure were hungry!

Creve Coeur, Missouri
“A Nice sit down place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is what I expected in 'nice' restaurants. It overlooks the harbor and the food was a blend of Alaska met with some new ways of preparing and serving. However, I had a drink called a blackberry bush or blush. Wow was that thing awesome!!!! So good. It was an infusion of drink and I believe some her, I would not expect to taste good in a cocktail, but this worked and worked well. I ended up having two of them.

For dinner I had a salmon dish. It was good, but I expected more of a smoked planked salmon. My husband had the pound of king crab. He was a little taken back by how small the quantity was since he had ordered a pound of king crab at some other restaurants and it seemed he received more at those places. They assured him they weighed it out. My kids just wanted a side of salmon each so we added those onto our orders. They were shocked because it was served cold. They didn't eat them. They ended up eating most of mine. I guess I really didn't care after two of those blackberry drinks.

Overall it was pricey, but you are paying for the view overlooking the harbor and the ambiance. They place was crowded with the locals all around the bar. It was a more upscale restaurant and we expected we would pay those prices (my salmon meal was $29.00, the sides of salmon were $6.00 each, the king crab was market price, may be $49.00 and the blackberry cocktail was $8.00)

I would recommend Chinooks for your 'nice' meal in Seward.

Camas, Washington, United States
“Delicious and beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Great view and wonderful lunch. The mac and cheese is superb, Alaskan king crab fresh and delicious and seafood chowder was yummy!

Newark, Ohio, United States
“Table of 8 Treated Poorly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our party of 8 ( 6 adults & 2 school aged children) at first expected a long wait. Then surprisingly we were promptly seated at a large table on a small landing off to the side with little view. We did not mind that. The bus boy took good care of us but I can not say the same for our server. We had to remind her to take the order of our 10 year old granddaughter before she bolted off. She must not have submitted the order because we were more than half way through our dinners before the child's food arrived , We had to remind her that we were missing a meal. This server seemed unconcerned and uncaring that our granddaughter had to wait so long for her meal. We figured that she knew that she would get her 18% tip and really did not care about giving us good service. I do not remember her coming back to see how we were enjoying our meals. Kudos to our busboy who was great --boo to our server--by far the worst service in a very long time. Would not ever again go as a large party. We ate out 2 times a day for 8 days in Alaska and had very good service in other restaurants.

• Visited June 2013