“Seward Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 43 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Resurrection Roadhouse Restaurant is a full service restaurant and is part of The Seward Windsong Lodge. Our restaurant offers great views of the Resurrection River and the 4000ft Mt Benson. We are open for Breakfast(6am-11am),Lunch(11am-2pm) and Dinner(5pm-10),and bar service from 4pm-12am. Our Executive Chef offers a very creative menu that focus's on Alaska Seafood, and the likes to make a the majority of the items on the menu from scratch.
Anchorage, Alaska
“Seward Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a great surprise!! There are two eating areas- the main restaurant and the lounge (bar area). The menu is surprisingly simple and elegant. We ate in the bar because after seafood two days in a row, I wanted something more me- pizza.

We ordered the roadhouse salad as our appetizer, but the table next to us ordered the chips appetizer and we heard the crispy crunch from the next booth! We then had the Exit Glacier Pizza which was thin and crispy and so incredibly flavorful! This pizza held its crispness despite being laden with wonderful Klamata olives, crimni mushrooms, sausage and pepperoni. Even though we weren't terribly hungry, we almost finished this pizza pie! For dessert I had the S'mores, a combination of toasted marshmallow ice cream, graham cracker pop rocks (literally! I asked!) and a chocolate ganache. DH had the Chocolate Redoubt which was chocolate cake, mouse, salted caramel, and vanilla bean ice cream. Both desserts were almost as beautiful as they were delicious!!! Do not miss out on this Seward gem!
PS I keep seeing comments about how the food in Alaska is so expensive. Yes. Alaska is expensive. If you don't want to spend the money, stay in the lower 48! The beauty of Alaska far outweighs the cost of its food!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hong Kong, China
“Great Modern American”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Staying at the adjacent lodge we enjoyed the road house for a breakfast and a dinner. The food was a very good balance of classic american with modern touch. The service was over all good, but seasonal, so a bit disjointed.

Visited July 2013
Sasolburg,South Africa
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Most of the starters have crumbs,do not know why,spoils the food and is not very tasty.Steak to big and pricy,perhaps they should have two sizes,ie.200 grams and 500 grams as options.

Service no to great,on the second visit ,had to wait for 10 min before someone offered me drink and in this period,several of the personnel walk pass my table.

Heinrich

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kailua, Hawaii
“Overall Food was Very Good though had an issue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband, two teenagers, and I ate at the Resurrection Roadhouse for dinner our third night in Seward. My husband had the ribeye with mash potatoes, and asparagus. My son and daughter ordered bison burgers with fries. I ordered the Halibut picata with extra asparagus instead of the polenta because I don't eat carbs. When I placed my order with the waitress, it didn't seem to be a problem. Yet, when we all received our dishes, I only had four pieces of asparagus compared to my husband's dish which had six pieces of asparagus in addition to the mash potatoes. When I mentioned this to one of the serving girls, she simply stated that she didn't put the servings on the plate and did nothing to assuage my dissatisfaction. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with the miserly serving of asparagus for a dish costing $33 and the lack of customer service. I debated whether to give this restaurant a "3" rating because of this, but gave it a "4" because my family really like the oven baked rolls and my teenagers declared the Bison Burgers to be the best they ever had.

Visited June 2013
RRAssistantGM, Manager at Resurrection Roadhouse, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Kialuagal,
Thank you for your posting and giving us 4 stars, even through we mishandled you entree.You have every right to be disapointed.Considering you opted to not have the polenta and was expecting extra aspargas,I understand your disapoinment.For this i am truly sorry.What I am really concerned with is that you told this to another server and nothing was done about it.That is not the service we are known for.We will be sharing your comments with our staff at our pre shift meeting.
It was great to hear your teenagers loved the bison burgers.
If you have any other comments you can contact me at lperoni@ciri.com or 907-224-7116 ex 2163.
Thank you.
Luke J Peroni Assistant General Manager Seward Windsong Lodge
Kingsport, TN
“Good starter, but very average meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We ate here during our 3 day stay in Seward (4 adults)...the bacon-wrapped dates were fantastic, but the main courses were very average...just was nothing special at all.

Visited July 2013