“Great all around place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Nanaimo, Canada
“Great all around place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

A great view of the harbour, and great service all around. We were a group of six, and we were seated right away at a round table, with a wonderful view of the boats, and the cutest sea otter ever! Okay, when did you ever see an otter that wasn't cute!
I ordered the cod and chips, with panko crust. Just two pieces. I regretted not ordering the three pieces. Pieces were smaller than what I am used to getting, but it was filling enough. And the fries were very good. I ate them all. Usually I leave fries behind, but not these ones! Others at the table chose the halibut and chips, and they enjoyed their meal as well.
We almost went back for a second meal the next day, but opted to try somewhere else.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Newberry, Florida
“Amazing Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I got the NY strip steak here and my husband got the Halibut fish and chips. The food was great! Very tasty and appetizing. Only drawback was there wasn't many chicken varieties which is my typical choice at restaurants but I was very pleased with my steak.

Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Where families meet and eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were in Seward for a couple of days and loved the friendliness of Alaskans. We were staying at the Holiday Inn on the harbor and after a day of driving, hiking, and shopping dropped into Ray's for an early dinner. The place was packed so we decided as we often do to try eating in the bar. Timing is everything and we landed a table by the window. The fresh salmon was perfect and the local brews refreshing. But what we enjoyed most was watching families arrive and greet eachother, catch up on their weekends. Everyone knew everyone, so we understood why all heads turned when we walked in. Very refreshing and would definitely return.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Great food, great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Awesome food. Awesome view of the water and marina. Try the halibut fish and chips. If you are in Seward, try this place!

Visited June 2014
Concord, NC
“Wonderful way to wrap up a day in Seward!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We decided to eat at Ray's on the waterfront overlooking the Small Boat Harbor after touring the Alaska SeaLife Center. There was a bit of a wait when we got there, so we waited at the bar for a bit before we got our table. We aren’t big drinkers, but the ones we had while we waited were very good.

While we were waiting, I stuck up a conversation with two guys sitting next to us. It turned out they were leaving in the morning to head back to California after a week fishing their way across the Kenai. Between weather and luck, they said the fishing hadn't really been what they expected for Alaska, but were still happy they had taken the trip. Since we were taking 4 fishing trips over the next week, it nice to talk to some folks who could relate to our upcoming adventures. I got so wrapped up in chatting with them that I didn't notice that Bev and Mom had headed to the table. After a few more dense minutes on my part, I finally spotted them and made my way to dinner! We were lucky to end up with an end table along the main window overlooking the boats, which was great. Mom & Bev had seafood (clams or muscles and crab cakes) -I had a Cajun cream sauce chicken and pasta dish with mixed vegetables - it was terrific!

The food and service at Ray's were both excellent - one of the best meals of the whole trip (2 weeks). After the filling dinner, we stopped off for some ice cream before heading back to get some sleep before heading down the Kenai the next morning!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Ray's Waterfront? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Ray's Waterfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.