“Avoid This Place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The train wreck restaurant, seward ak

The train wreck restaurant, seward ak
411 Port Ave, Seward, AK 99664
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 43 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: Barbecue
Sonoma, California
“Avoid This Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2015 via mobile

Heed what the others have written about this place and dine elsewhere when in Seward. The waitress runs around like a crazy person while the cooks cannot prepare orders in a timely fashion. Disappointing!

Visited April 2015

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Alaskan Customer Service At Its Lowest”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

I came in for coffee and a potty break. My four family members were behind me. I told the waitress that we wanted coffee and I would order it when I came out. My family came in behind me. With an empty table in sight, she told them to leave because there was no room for another 20 minutes. I came out and she said your coffee is ready. I asked where my family was and she said they were outside and that I owed her $2.68 for coffee. I said I needed to find out what they wanted. When they told me what happened, I was deeply disappointed. We were a family of three adults and two kids under the age of 10. These people will not be getting out business again and some of us live in Alaska. Customer Service does not exist at the Train Wreck

• Visited March 2015
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Cool Train Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

Personally, I had breakfast there with the moose sausage and it was good. I liked the place. It was not crowded and we weren't in a hurry so all was good in getting waited on and served. When we came out of the restaurant, an eagle was on a pole above the train! That did it for me! What a sight?!

Visited August 2014
Show Low
“Slooooow service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

Waitress ran continuously the hour it took to get served, so I can't fault her effort. Appeared the cook could only handle one meal at a time. We spent an entire morning on what ended up just a so-so breakfast. Won't go back.

Seward, Alaska
“Try the Jalapeno ketchup!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

The atmosphere is quite unique - eating in a train car is fun! The grits are among the best I have ever eaten, and the the BBQ is delicous! My favorite is the pulled pork sandwich with jalapeno ketchup, or the pulled pork burrito!

Visited August 2014