“Avoid J-Dock Fishing for processing your fish” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 48 Activities in Seward
Type: Adventure
Milner, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
“Avoid J-Dock Fishing for processing your fish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We did not fish with J-Dock fishing so I can't speak for how well they do with their fishing trips. However, I can tell you about our experience with getting the fish processed. Everyone who works there is friendly and kind and they were very accommodating to us. I'm rating them as average because we found out how poorly they packaged our fish. We had approximately 70 pounds of fish that we were going to take with us on the plane. They cut all the fish into 1-2 pounds servings and vacuumed packed & sealed them and flash froze them. They were cool about hanging onto the fish until we could figure out what we wanted to do (we weren't sure if were going to check it as luggage or overnight it). We picked up the fish and brought it with us to Homer where we were going to store the fish in a freezer of another fish processing company until it was time to leave for our flight. As soon as we handed our boxes to the folks of this other company they knew something was wrong. They opened the boxes and discovered many things that J-Docks should have done, but didn't - no newspaper was packed into the boxes so this left a ton of room for the objects to move and shift and break the styrofoam, the styrofoam box was even sealed shut,they sold us too big of boxes as we could have easily gotten away with medium sized boxes (they had us pay for large boxes), and they only used 2 zip ties to seal the outer box shut. If you use J-Dock to process the fish just make sure they do all of these things and you should be just fine. They are really friendly so I'm sure they will do anything you ask them to do, just not our best experience.

Visited June 2013

Los Angeles, California
“J-Dock Fishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I booked a fishing charter with another group, whose boat broke down the night before I was scheduled to go out. J-dock was able to accommodate me last minute and I have to say I am very glad I ended up with them. We caught a ton of halibut (enough to pay for the charter twice over with the price of fish in stores), as well as rock fish, yellow eye rock and some salmon. You get too see all the beautiful scenery, glaciers, mountains, plus otters, dolphins, whales and these guys know where to catch fish. Amazing day. They also filleted all the fish, and have packing available right at the dock. Thank you guys, esp Greg and David, for a great trip!

Visited June 2013

Been to J-Dock Fishing? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage J-Dock Fishing, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.