“The Gelato was Yummo! Just like I remembered it in Florence, Italy.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sweet Darlings

Sweet Darlings
207 4th Avenue, Seward, AK
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 46 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: Dessert
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“The Gelato was Yummo! Just like I remembered it in Florence, Italy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Sweet, caught my and my sons' attention immediately. We went here after our time spent at the Alaska Sea Museum. Sweet darlings is located on the Main Street in downtown Seward. We went in and were immediately drawn to the gelato. They had my favorite (Stratchaella-chocolate chip). It was just as I remembered it. So good (why there isn't a bigger market for gelato in the US is beyond me). In fact the entire family had a cup of gelato. All the flavors tried, mint chip, cookies and cream, Stratchaella were all extremely good.

They also had the other things such had hand made candies such as fudge, butter cups etc. We did not try any of those, although we wanted to. The prices appeared to be in line with other hand made sweet treat candy stores. Good place to stop for a sweet tooth fix or for a dessert.

Visited June 2013

Alaska
“Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a wonderful little candy, trinket shop that will take you back to being a kid. No way to eat everything without requiring a wheelbarrow so I settled for fudge and salt water taffy. The popcorn was my favorite! We will be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Delicous gelato”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My friend and I each had 2 scoops of gelato. We lived all the flavors we tried. It was made in small batches so tasted really fresh. I am not a big ice cream eater so I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked their gelato.

Visited June 2013
Odessa, TX
“pomegranate sorbet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great pomegranate sorbet, good Peach Sorbet and very good chocolates. We went in on a whim and were not disappointed

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“Handmade treats, ice cream, super friendly service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This little store in downtown historic Seward has handcrafted confectionary using recipes handed down from the turn of the last century. We saw the artisans working on the premises while we were eating our ice creams here. This ‘sweet’ little shop reminds me of those ice cream parlor trips as a child not knowing which to look at first.

If you have an eye and a taste bud for delicate chocolates then you will find a nice selection on display (have won awards). Other naughty but nice treats to look out for are fudge, saltwater taffy, glazed corn, barks and brittles. There is a cornucopia of delights and the choice was never going to be easy.

Small and pretty souvenirs are available to buy here too but most importantly for us the service was more than just a sale and we had a friendly young lady who was curious to know where we were from and vice versa.

However, high quality hand made products along with the location near the Kenai National Park means that you will need to open your wallet a bit wider. So if you’re here on vacation take a side trip to historical old Seward (it is located in a cute building).
It’s ‘worth the splurge’!

Enjoy your visit!