“Sea life and glacier” 5 of 5 stars

Mumbai (Bombay), India
118 attraction reviews
“Sea life and glacier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We took morning cruise for glacier and wildlife. You would see dolphins, wale, sea lions along with glacier. We also saw a bear. Lunch was also good. Please book in advance.
Visited in Jul-10
Duration of visit: 6-8 hrs

• Indonesian first
Fortaleza, CE
35 attraction reviews
“Absolutely spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

*My review is gonna be useful for those who are visiting Seward in General.
I drove Homer-Seward and the driving is an attraction by itself. Take your time and stop at all the viewpoints! I went to Seward last summer, so it was a very hot day. The bugs and mosquitoes were so annoying at the Park. Bring some bug spray! The views are breathtaking. The only thing I regret was I couldn't hike all the way to the top of the Exit Glacier. It's a 8 hours hike but I believe it must be really worth. I took the short hike till the glacier. I think it took me 1 hour or less. When you're getting closer to the glacier the bugs go away. I spent just the morning at the park because I had to catch a Kenai Fjord Cruise. One good thing about summer in Alaska is the days are super long, so you get to do lots of things. My friend and I spent the night camping in a decent campground with a wonderful water view. Taking a shower is not an easy thing in Alaska but we found public but not that clean bathrooms for $2,50-10 min hot shower. We left early the morning after to go to Wrangell. This place is gorgeous! Take more time there instead of spending lots of days at Denali!

Little Rock, Arkansas
14 attraction reviews
“Absolutely beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have been to many national parks. This one is mostly coastal and icy. It is absolutely gorgeous in every respect and is one of our favorites. There are many opportunities to see animals, both land and ocean. There are many species of birds for those who are birders. It is especially appealing if you like boating or kayaking. The glaciers are amazing and you're sure to see some calving take place. The hike to Exit Glacier is well worth the time and effort. It makes you realize how tiny & insignificant we really are in this world.

Seattle, Washington
55 attraction reviews
“Spectacular Scenery and Wildlife Observation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

...... anyone missing that part of Alaska, has not seen Alaska. Chilean fjords and glaciers do not compare.

Visited June 2013
Fairfax, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Of course it is great - It's a national park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Exit Glacier is easily accessible by foot on a well maintained trail and is definitely worth the time to get an up-close look at a glacier. 2 hrs should be enough time. Next time I go, I will plan more time (6-8 hrs) and hike the trail to the Harding Icefield if it is passable. The Exit Glacier trail is easy but the Harding Icefield trail is strenuous, plan accordingly.

However, to enjoy the rest of the park you need a boat or a plane which can be expensive for a family. The NPS has a link to Major Marine Tours and Kenai Fjords Tours on their website. I took the Northwestern Fjord Tour with Kenai Fjords Tours and truly enjoyed the park. It was worth every penny to me. We saw lots of beautiful scenery, glaciers, marine mammals, and marine birds. We were also blessed with beautiful sunshine but it was still quite cold on deck on the boat in the first week of June. Dress in layers and be sure to have an wind proof and water proof outer layer if you want to be on deck.

Visited June 2013