“Underrated food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Seward, Alaska, United States
“Underrated food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

When I first walked into this place, I had to ask the bartender if they were still open, it was so empty. Though I do not know why it was so empty, because the food was very good, and the service (maybe partly due to me being one of the only people there) was excellent. I don't think many people know about this restaurant, but it is definitely worth checking out for a great meal in a clean, modern looking atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

reston, va
“Yummy breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were looking for a quick breakfast this morning and came upon Chattermark. There was no one in there which felt strange but we decided to take a chance. We had a very good meal, delivered promptly, with friendly service. What more could we ask? My husband loved his reindeer scramble which was a new food for him. I enjoyed my veggie scramble. The menu was very limited but we both easily found something we wanted. I would definitely return to this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
California
“Walked in, waited, and walked out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The restaurant is much larger than the photos on its website would lead one to believe. After waiting five minutes at a very uncomfortable table with a thick center pillar which left little room for my legs, we left when menus or even an acknowledgement of our arrival had not been given to us. That is inexcusable for a restaurant which charges over $30 for main courses and was not even half full.

Visited June 2013
Fairport, New York, United States
“Excellent sweet potato fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I give them top marks on the strength of a great burger and a generous serving of superb sweet potato fries.

Visited June 2013
“Has lost what made it exceptional...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family traveled to Seward last summer. We stumbled on the Chattermark & we loved it!

Things have changed. We were disapointed with some of the menu changes. While the setting & burgers are still good, the gems on the menu are now missing--specifically the crab cakes!! There are only 5 items now on the dinner menu. Other seafood options are missing. The Halibut from the lunch menu was $19 and included only three small pieces!! The "gourmet" dipping sauces were strange & disappointing.

• Visited June 2013