“All Day to Caine's Head” 5 of 5 stars

1-866-541-5739
Website
Improve this listing
Chandler, Arizona
“All Day to Caine's Head”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I did the full day to Caine's Head Adventure. We had never kayaked before but hike alot so we thought this was a perfect combination. As much as we enjoyed the kayaking, the hike up to the old fort through the rain forest was awesome. Our guide Daniel did a fantastic job. Not only did he do a good job of getting our complete newbie group into and cruising the kayaks, he is extremely knowledgable and passionate about the the total environment. If you will be in Seward on Wed or Thurs, I recommend that you request Daniel and have a blast!

Visited July 2013

Jackson, Wyoming
4 attraction reviews
“Bridal Veil Falls Sea Kayaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I highly recommend the 7:00 AM trip. This was a very peaceful and pleasant experience. The falls are beautiful, and we had the good fortune of seeing lots of wildlife along the way. Our guide was pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful. Even my teenagers said this was well worth the inconvenience of getting out of bed so early.

Portland, Oregon
“Sea Kayaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Tramp was a great guide, very knowledgeable about the local wildlife. And he did a great job taking care of guests with a variety of skill levels.

Creve Coeur, Missouri
23 attraction reviews
“We were first time kayakers and we had a GREAT experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

OK we were a little leery booking a guided kayak trip after reading some of the other reviews on trip advisor. We took the four hour kayak tour starting at 7 AM-11 AM. They told us to arrive at 6:30 AM which we did. They did not have a guide booked but assured us they would get one for us immediately but we would not take off until 7:30. The made sure we knew we would still have our 4 hour trip regardless of what time the trip began. Eventually after several miscommunications with us and who the guide was, we finally got off into the kayaks. Our guide Alexander from Serbia, lead us (two kayaks with two people each) and two other kayakers (a total of three people in two kayaks). Almost immediately we saw sea otter and to our surprise harbor seals were curious and were following us around. So neat to see up close. Near a rock spire a bald eagle sat allowing us to get rater close to take some pictures. Our guide told us the only animals we had not seen were bear and whales. We made out way to bridal falls and got out of the kayaks for a quick easy hike to a water fall where we took pictures and explored a little bit. Our kayaking trip back to MIller's landing was not that eventful with animals. The weather was incredible and the waters of resurrection bay were clam. The water was like glass, making our first time kayaking very good indeed. We did not have to do any work as far as pulling our kayaks in and out of the water or getting wet. Our guide seemed to be pretty knowledgable about the area and the history since we had heard a lot of it the day before on our Major Marine Cruise.

We got a really good deal when we went in to sign up for the kayaking tour. We had a coupon with the NorthernLights, but they had a Grewpon (yes Grewpon, not Groupon) special going and we saved a lot more money. If you are an experienced Kayaker you may not like it, but for us beginners it was perfect.

Redding, California
“Fantastic Guided Kayak Camping Experience Ailak Bay Area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

EXCELLENT! Highly recommended!! (Details below)

My GF April and I left Northern California on a 25 day, 7000 mile road trip to The Soldotna Alaska area to visit her grandparents. Due to space limitations we did not bring our sea kayaks. We also were not able to do as much advance planning as I would have liked to plan this great adventure. So I found myself in Soldotna talking to locals, fishing guides, searching the web, and talking to a lot of kayak rental and kayak guide companies. I had some very specific ideas of what I wanted for sea kayaking in Alaska. I was worried that as a sea kayaker with over ten years of experience I did not want to do a group guided paddle. I was also concerned that since I had not done advance planning and I have never been to Alaska before, I should not be doing a long self guided trip off The Gulf of Alaska. I was worried that my dreams of sea kayaking in Alaska would not happen as I imagined it.

THEN...

I sent off a detailed email to Miller's Landing telling them of what I was hoping to experience. I got a quick return call from Chance Miller. April and I visited Miller's Landing two days later to discuss what we wanted. From the moment that we started speaking with Chance, I knew that we were at the right place and in great hands. We ended up booking a group overnight guided kayak camp trip for June 9th.

The trip was fantastic and absolutely met my wishes for what we wanted to experience. Every detail was perfect. The kayaks and gear were in great condition; the water taxi is first rate; the guides were personable, safety minded, fun, and knowledgeable; the food was very good with fresh caught fish; the paddling was perfect; and the weather was exceptional. (I know that they can't guarantee the weather).

We paddled icy waters, observed glaciers from our kayak, observed lots of wildlife including black bear, saw lots of waterfalls, and got a great orientation to the area. Our guides did a great job of asking what we wanted and then meeting our needs and wants. We wanted a high degree of independence with minimal support and got that. Another couple wanted a higher degree of assistance and received that. Our guides did an exceptional job of blending the need for safety and adventure.

I just got done editing over 300 photos that we took from this trip. Our friends are amazed.

We HIGHLY recommend Miller's Landing for anything related to kayaking, fishing, water taxi, local knowledge, etc. We didn't stay on their site as we had family close by. But the people that I spoke with had a great time staying there. Watch out for the crazy goat! :-)

When i return in the future, I will use them for planning another kayak trip and using their equipment and water taxi. And I would have no reservation in using their guides if I felt the need for a guide on the trip. I would like to give a special Thank You to: Chance Miller, Nick, Trampas, and Diana. You guys made our trip very special.

Steve Wopschall