“Magnificent Landscape” 4 of 5 stars

Clifton Park, New York
26 attraction reviews
“Magnificent Landscape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had a unique experience with this trip. We were at the end of the tourist season, so we're hit with a spell of bad weather - however this provided uS with a unique experience - misty mountains, twilight sea venturing, traveling alongside a cruise ship lit up like a Christmas tree, seeing the remote high security prison from a distance with its powerful lighting. It was a little shorter than the four hours we had planned for, but as it turned out, my 10 year old daughter had had enough after the third hour. Our guide was focused on security of the group rather than information, but I'd rather have it this way than the reverse I guess. He was very conscious about my daughter's needs, which I highly appreciated. I would recommend this activity.

Visited September 2012

Portland, Maine
8 attraction reviews
“Kayaking Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

A friend and I went on a kayaking trip through Miller's Landing while we were in Seward. We had a great trip - we went to Humpy's Cove and kayaked around the cove, under a waterfall, and then beached our kayaks and hiked up to a different waterfall. It was a really great trip - just the two of us and our guide. The guide was great, easygoing but professional, he really made sure we had a good time, but kept us on schedule, too. I'd recommend it.

Visited August 2012
“WORST KAYAKING EXPERIENCE EVER.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

WORST KAYAKING EXPERIENCE EVER. Our 'guide' was rude, incompetent, did not teach or show us anything, was barely a lifeguard, got us back 1.5 hr late, and seemed high as a kite. He wouldn't even let us take pictures. The office staff was equally bad and wouldn't refund my husband's ticket despite his being unable to go. Wouldn't recommend

Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Great, friendly service for our whole trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My friend and I had an overall great experience with Miller's Landing. We rolled in around 10pm one night with no plans or idea where we were even staying. When we left the office we had the next two days planned for us and not only with activities at Miller's Landing. They have a great network of other outfitters, so if they don't provide what you want or have enough empty spots, they will help make your trip wonderful. The staff was all very friendly, too. We liked them all so much that we came back to Seward later in our journey to do another fishing trip.
Overall, they have a great setup with lodging and camping combined with activities and an office to hang out in and eat/drink. They also do a pot luck dinner every Saturday with fresh fish caught in the bay.

Visited July 2012
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“What a Great Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I wanted to try sea kayaking ( ok, I did!) and found Miller's landing through Northern Lights Coupon Book. We'd planned to do the Bridal Veil Falls paddle, but after talking with Lindsay, we decided to go to Thumb Cove- great trip! Lindsay's an amazing guide and a talented singer/entertainer as well...she's a hoot and you'll have a blast. Underneath the good time, you'll also realize that she's an amazing guide. We also had three "shadow' guides in training so we were really well taken care of. One of Miller's philosophies is that clients stay dry, so they completely beach the kayaks for embark/disembark - extra wear and tear for them but really nice for you! I loved the atmosphere at ML as well - felt like a skydiving drop zone. Also, great bald eagle viewing as a bonus.

Visited May 2012