“Experienced riders had the best ride of their life” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 36 Outdoor Activities in Seward
Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Experienced riders had the best ride of their life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful this experience was. We plan on returning to Alaska someday on an anniversary trip and we will definitely look up Bardy’s again. Our trail guide was amazing, and the trail itself led us through some of the most beautiful woods, open fields, and river terrain we have ever seen. The horses were in excellent condition. The trail guide was one of the most experienced I have ever seen regarding watching over the horses and riders while watching the wild surroundings. Our trail guide did a fantastic job of providing a history of the surrounding area, interesting facts, and pointed out once in a lifetime viewing opportunities – such as the bald eagles nest with the small baby eagles. My husband and I booked this as an activity for our honeymoon. Bardy’s mailed us the confirmation information – only I did not double check the correct date was listed and this was my fault. I received a call a week before we were to fly to Alaska asking if we were making the ride that day! I explained to her the date mix-up, and not only did she rebook us for the correct dates, she also did not charge us for the mix-up (which according to the policy that was previously provided, she could have). This was just amazing customer service. While all of our activities in Alaska were amazing, Bardy’s was our favorite thanks to the fantastic location and phenomenal customer service.

Seward, AK
“A "must do again" on my Seward bucket list.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Bardy's Trail Rides provided a great local getaway The guide was knowledgeable about the area and had great command of her horses. Customers were appropriately paired with horses according to skill level. The river crossings were a blast and the scenery was beautiful and varied; dense forest, open beaches, mountains, wildflowers, eagles and other crittters. Can't go wrong with this ride.

Michigan
16 attraction reviews
“Yes I would recommend. Our family with...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Yes I would recommend. Our family with kids 6,9 & 12 had.a good ride. The trail starts a little slow through some industrial area, but you are then quickly in some brush, woods and then looking onto the bay. We crossed creeks and shallow water 10 times, which was cool. Our leader bree was very good with kids and the horses well trained to walk in a line. At $85 per person a little expensive, but they limit trips to 7 people and where else can you ride through sea grass, rivers and tidal pools while being surrounded by glaciers.