“Amazing experience!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
7 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We had the most incredible time on this trail ride. We rode through streams, saw bald eagles, rode on the beach. It was beautiful. Bree was informative, friendly and a joy to ride with. We can't wait to go again!

Boston
4 attraction reviews
“Family had a great time on this horseback ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Wow. What a great experience! We had the good fortune of seeing/doing a lot of things in our one week trip to Alaska, but this ride rises to the top of our many adventures. Our family of four started with no knowledge in horse back riding. Our leader gave us a quick riding lesson, and that was all that was needed. One does have to guide the horses a bit during the ride and know a bit about handling the horse…which made it that much more fun. We rode through meadows, crossed rivers numerous times, saw great views, and watched numerous eagles soaring around us. No bears (fortunately). Great photo opportunities. A two hour ride is the perfect duration. I would definitely take this ride and again, and I highly recommend it to others visiting Seward. You should be able to plan your day to take a 6 hour cruise from 8:00 am to 2;00 pm, and then take the 3:00 pm horseback ride. You’ll have plenty of time to get from the marina to the horses.

Visited June 2012
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
“Make no mistake: This is a nose-to-tail ride!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were very disappointed in our horseback ride at Bardy's Trail Rides in Seward, Alaska. Let me start by saying that the scenary out by Resurrection Bay was beautiful (this is about 10 - 15 minutes of the 2 hour ride) and crossing the rivers was fun. There were eight people on our ride, with two young (~15 years old?) guides. The guides either rode at the front and talked with each other, or one rode about halfway back. I was at the end of the nose-to-tail ride and was told specifically that I had to stay there. The girl on the horse in front of me struggled to keep her horse moving and had a hard time when her horse stopped to graze. She also had some difficulty crossing rivers. It was pretty much up to me to make sure she kept going. My husband was 3 or 4 horses in front of me and we could not ride together (the horses have to go in a certain order and this order CANNOT be deviated from). I'm an ok rider and a ride a few times a year (so I'm no expert), but this trail ride would not be one I'd recommend to anyone. I really felt like I was working and the guides were not.

Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing experience in Seward”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were visitinbg seeward for a few days and we found this horseback ride guides by recomendation of the lodge we were staying at. The ride and guides were amazing. Although it rained most of the time, we had a wonderful and amazing experience. We saw moose and many bald eagles while riding along the beach in Seward. If you like horseback riding, I would definately recomend Bardys. Their horses are very tamed and gentle and easy to ride. Fun way to spend half of your day.

Visited July 2012
Lake Tahoe
25 attraction reviews
“Had a great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Loved the beautiful scenery - it was a great trail ride.

Visited June 2012