“Great Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Elk City, Oklahoma
4 attraction reviews
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had our trip planned for several months, our party included my husband (skilled fisherman), parents (this was their first trip out), brother (novice fisherman), and myself (average skill). We had heard several things about the fishing being poor this season (no matter where you were), but decided it would be worth it no matter what.
Well we are all glad we went. Capt. Jon L. treated us very well, and we had a pretty successful trip in our opinions despite the tough season Captains are facing. Capt. Jon worked very hard at getting us on good fish, and making sure we caught our limit, Halibut & Silver Salmon (and not small fish either). We also had the chance to watch a few whales while fishing for Salmon in Resurrection Bay. He was very accommodating despite the mildly choppy seas. I know every member from our group would go again with Capt. Jon on the Orion given the chance. Capt. Jon is definitely an asset to a reputable charter service. Keep up the good work guys & gals!

Edwardsville, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
“Capt Was cocky”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Capt was cocky and rude to his crew. The boat was cold and no heat in the guest area and not enough room for all the chartered people. The fishing was bad in comparison to other catches i seen at the processor. Way to expensive for what you get

Littleton, Colorado
“Seward On A Whim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was awesome! Capt Andy & his first mate, Michelle, did everything they could to ensure our enjoyment of the day. We started by looking for Silvers and had to move because of the Orca. No sweat... The captain just took us out to the halibut grounds to whet our lines..... Jackpot! Back to the cove for Silvers and they showed up too! Nicely done, sir! Michelle did an awesome job of baiting, landing, clubbing and fileting our catch. She even let us throw entrails at the gulls.... Tireless, flying rats, I guess. Fun tho. The only thing I would change (or suggest) is that they provide a box lunch and/or munchies (sodas,water,juice,energy related snacks) on the trip. Hauling in fish is a workout, brothers (particularly for us greens!) All in all, I would surely recommend this boat/crew to anyone that is considering a day charter. Hope to return.

North Pole, Alaska, United States
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I went fishing in Seward, AK this past week. I booked a charter with Aurora last year. I hve never been to Seward before. The name of the boat was the Orion. I did a combo halibut and ling cod trip. I did not catch any Halibut but I did limit out on 3 other species of fish. Our Captain (Lester) was amazing. He took us to get our cod, rockfish, and sea bass first. He did not take us to the "farm ponds" where eveyone could catch a Halibut that was 5 pounds. He took us to some areas where we could catch some nice Halibut. One guy on the charter caught a 60 pounder. The charter told us we would be back around 4:30 in the afternoon. This means we would have had to leave the fishing around 2:30 to make it back. When 2:30 came we just kept fishing. When 4:30 came around, my step-father, son, the 3 other guests and I just looked at the clocked and wondered when we were going to have to stop. We finally asked the Captain; "When do we need to head back" and his response was "What time is it?" It was great, the Captain was that determined to get us our fish. He tried everything. I could go on and on about the determination from Lester. There is so much more to this trip but the end review is; The crew at Aurora was great. The Captain of the Orion, Lester, is top notch and I would recommend this boat and Captain. Thanks John for the great trip. I'll be back to do it again.

Parkdale, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
“Caught lots of fish and saw whales up close”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I booked this fishing trip for my Dad and I. We were both a little nervous when we saw how small the boat was but that diminished as soon as we started fishing. The Captain took us to a spot where the Silvers were running. There were six of us on the boat rotating through two poles. We had fish on constantly and ended up bringing in 36 fish. We were definitely catching more fish than other boats in the area. The captain was very knowledgeable. We had a Humpback whale come completely out of the water about 30 yards from our boat which was just a bonus. Again, there were nicer looking boats out there but we seemed to be catching more fish. I would rather be on a smaller, less flashy boat and be catching more fish any day.

Visited July 2012

Been to Aurora Charters? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Aurora Charters, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.