“Clean and Cozy cabin, friendly service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camelot Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seward
Camelot Cottages
You added Camelot Cottages to your Saves list
12379 Camelot Drive, Seward, AK   |
Ranked #3 of 41 Specialty Lodging in Seward
Wind Lake, Wisconsin
“Clean and Cozy cabin, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed in cabin 3 with my husband and brother in law at the end of June and we had a great time. The beds were comfortable and we really enjoyed cooking in the kitchen. The host Anthony was friendly and helpful. The cottages are in a great location in the woods just outside of Seward and it was peaceful and quiet. I would definitely recommend Camelot Cottages and hope to stay there again on a future trip!

, Manager at Camelot Cottages, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Hope all is well with you all back in Michigan! Thank you!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

i stayed here in the apartment above the shop over the 4th of july holiday for about a week. it was comfortable and quiet… close enough to town but far enough that i felt like i was a bit in the woods… there is a little deck off the apt. that was great to sit and have morning coffee as well as a grill and a fire pit which was super in the evenings. anthony really was a great host and checked in each day which was nice as i was traveling solo and tend to be a bit adventurous. i would certainly stay at camelot cottages again and you should too! ( as long as there's room on the dates i'll be in town ;) enjoy! )

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
, Manager at Camelot Cottages, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Hi KQ, Thanks for staying with us. You were the 1st!!! :)
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Considering the location, the fantastic service, and the affordable rates, you will think there is a catch to this place. But there isn't one. Camelot Cottages is that great. I was lucky enough to secure two nights in the Backpacker's Hut over the July 4th weekend. This, of course, is the busiest weekend of the year in Seward. The location in the woods just north of town was ideal – a quick drive away from all of the activities, restaurants, and services, yet peace and quiet at night.

The Backpacker's Hut is small, and it is basically a dry cabin – two attributes that may give pause to a few travelers. The bathroom is located just across the yard, though, in the same building that houses the laundry room. Also, being 6'1", the area beneath the loft necessitated some ducking on my part, while accessing the bed upstairs required ascending a ladder. But I wouldn't even rate these as minor inconveniences as I expected both. Plus, I was sleeping most of the time I was inside anyway. I will say, however, that although it is ideal for a solo traveler, I would advise against multiple people staying in the "Hut" unless you and your companion have zero personal space issues.

When traveling, I really don't think too much about service. But I have to say that Anthony is amazing. He truly wanted me to enjoy my stay, from the moment I arrived until I left two days later. And take him up on his offer to cook breakfast!

Really, I have nothing remotely bad to say about Camelot Cottages. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The Backpackers' Hut is a small cabin without a bathroom. It is perfect, however, for the solo t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
, Manager at Camelot Cottages, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Hi Brian, thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I loved the location, quiet and in the woods, the sun shining through the trees. Joy and Anthony were so nice and made sure we had everything we needed. Fresh flowers on our table, fresh towels and linens. Laundry room was available and convenient. There is also a nice area to have fire and roast marshmallows. Will definitely stay there again. Transportation not a problem, we used Mike's Taxi service into town and to the harbor area.

Room Tip: Smaller cabins are definitely for singles or couples.
, Manager at Camelot Cottages, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thanks so much, hope your summer is a wonderful one!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Camelot Cottages are an economical choice for a stay in Seward. Just a few minutes out of town it's away from the hustle and bustle and convenient as long as you have a car. We stayed in Cabin #1 for two nights and Anthony, the property manager, had our every interest at heart even though we pulled in sometime after 10 pm to check in!

The cabin was clean, cozy, had everything we needed and didn't feel too cramped. Coffee maker, microwave, gas stove and tiny oven, sink, dishes, some storage shelves for the kitchen. Bathroom had a pedestal sink, toilet and shower with new shower head. The water pressure was great! The bed was only a double, but for the 2 nights we were fine. There was a little table and 2 chairs for sitting down to breakfast or dinner, and a small TV with cable. No wi-fi.

Thanks Anthony & Joy for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Camelot Cottages, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you kindly for your review!
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Joy and Anthony are awesome and were very attentive to all of our needs. The place is in a beautiful location with easy accesss to downtown Seward. The grounds are immaculately maintained. Price was very reasonable compared to other options in the area. We'll definitely be staying at Camelot our next time in Seward.

, Manager at Camelot Cottages, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you so much, I'm glad you had a great time!
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I have stayed with Camelot for 5 years. We love it. It is comfortable and clean with all the amenities you need. I love the outdoor setting in the trees with places to relax after a day of fishing. This year we stayed in the new apartment they opened this year. It was great. VERY private with a balcony of your own. A great place to stay in Seward.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
, Manager at Camelot Cottages, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you kindly for your review...Joy sends her regards! :)
Anthony

Been to Camelot Cottages? Share your experiences!