“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Vela Luka
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving in Croatia on Korcula with Croatia Divers means a choice out of more then 35 fantastic diving sites or for the non-divers; doing an introductory dive or a enrol a PADI course to explore the amazing underwater world of Croatia! Vela Luka has good hotels, nice private accommodation such as villas and apartment on the sea. All can be booked with Croatia Divers a PADI 5*Gold Palm IDC resort number one in the diving field regarding experience, professionalism and fun!
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I did a 5 night, 6 dive package with Croatia Divers and I had a good experience. Marjolein organized the accommodation for me, which was not in the Posejdon hotel, for which I was glad. I stayed in a small studio apartment behind the Posejdon which was really nice for only 35 euro per night. I am an Advanced diver and even though the weather didn't accommodate the premier sites like Blue Hole or Cathedral, I still enjoyed each dive and the crew tried to show me as many dive sites as possible. I got to tag along with a deep dive and a drift dive also. The equipment was well worn but worked out fine and the Divemasters were all funny, fun and professional. In the evenings they will even take you out for a beer or you'll run into them at the local restaurants. Good time, would definitely visit again.

Visited July 2012

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“Great staff; horrible owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We did three dives with Croatia divers. The staff that took us on dives were great. They were friendly, very safe and knowledgeable and seemed to enjoy diving. However, the owner (I guess he's one of two brothers who own the place) seemed only to be around to collect your money and get out of there. In the morning he was right there tallying up everything, making us pay and then left the shop before we even started prepping for our dive. Then we went back in the evening for our night dive and he said he had undercharged us and that we owed him more. We paid him and then he left again and we never saw him again. We should have checked his paperwork because I think he screwed us and overcharged us. In addition, he charged for the bottled water for during the dives. If we knew we would have bought our own, but I have never been on a dive boat that did not have drinking water for it's customers.

Again, the staff that took us on dives were great. But most of the staff is only there to do their dive master or instructor training and then they leave, so you don't know who the staff is going to be because it changes. But you know the owner will be there getting every kuna out of you and telling you that you owe him more. We definitely won't be diving with them again.

Visited June 2012
Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
“terrible experience with croatia divers!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We did our advance course with Croatia Divers in Vela Luka, for the course we had four different instructors (we had three changes in instructors) . We had to pay in advanced, but I wish I'd never done that! We specificly asked for a drift dive and when we booked they told us that it was no problem, but when we started the course the complete schedule changed and there was no possibility for a drift dive anymore. (they changed three of the four agreed dives)
The equipment was very bad maintained, wholes in the suits, the regulators weren't cleaned properly etc... most of the instructors were very friendly but the managers (Billy and Bobby) are just in it for the money. After you've paid they don't do anything for you anymore and the'll break all of their promises- no refund is given.
We might not be very experienced divers but the experience we had so far is always been much better with other dive centers!

Visited August 2011
Porto, Porto, Portugal
3 attraction reviews
“I fill a complaint to padi about these divecenter”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

no hot water or an installation for the divers change; the equipment is not desinfected so people can catch skin and mouth disease from other divers. The accommodation they offer as no hygiene or space conditions, mattresses are old and you can't sleep on it; I talk to them about it and ask for another accommodation but they forced me pay for three nights and I find another place and only manage to sleep there for one night. If you take your equipment they don't let you to clean it in running water and force you to use a small bucket for 8 or 9 suits. I sent a complaint to padi because the rate they have is not true, I've dive in many places following the rates of padi and this is the first time I fill a complaint. I've stayed you them for the 12 dives other wise they would not give me my money back because I paid in advance by internet.

Visited June 2012
Peebles, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Dive centre good, NO FISH, good caves, topography”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Dive centre run by two brothers, both efficient. The centre is well run, instructors were good and enthusiastic. Dive gear good. So all in all the centre is good. But if you are diving looking for fish forget it. There aren't any. I saw more fish walking around the lovely harbour at Vela Luka than when underwater. No joke. The topography on the dive sites is cool, nice wall dive on way to blue cavern site, excellent dive on the cathedral.
So, if you want to see some cool caves, sponges, sea urchins etc gfi. If you want to see lots of fish dive somewhere tropical!