We just spent a week at hotel Alga, so the impressions are still more than fresh (we checked out 2 days ago). It's directly on the beach, I would say, you get down the stairs and there you are, really a great location. The beach is very nice, with pebbles but not big ones, very soft (at least to me) when you get into the water, which is indeed crystal clear. The beach is, of course, free, but you can rent sunbeds and umbrellas (40 kunas each, if I remember well). If not, just bring your own towel or something and find yourself a spot. It is really impressive that half of the beach in width (it's kilometers' long) is shade and the other half is sunny, and it's natural shade (pineapple trees, typical for Croatia). So, if you want to be in the sun, you get a spot closer to the sea, and if you want shade, you just get a spot 5-6 meters further from the sea. If you prefer pools, there are 4 of them in hotel Alga, all with salt water. The water in all of them was really warm when we were there, my kids loved them. There are a lot of sunbeds around the pools but it's better if you get up earlier to book one for you. The restaurant is really big and we got our own table that we used throughout the whole stay in the hotel, both for breakfast and dinner. The food is great, as you would expect in Croatia, it is buffet style, of course, a lot of choice, fish, meat, vegetables, cakes, something for everybody. The important thing is that this is also a family-type hotel, the fact I didn't know when I was booking. There is a Mini Club for children, Mini disco every night and the entertainment team and they are all very good. There are a lot of children in the hotel and, although this hotel is not advertised as such (on Bluesun website only hotel Afrodita is a family hotel in Tucepi), this is truly a great place for families with children. Besides this, there are every night shows for all the guests (singers, dancers etc). The rooms are clean, we had a superior double room for 4 of us, it was really nice, just above the stage on the first floor, we could watch the shows from our balcony. Tucepi is also great for walks in the evening, you just turn left or right from the hotel and there is a long path, without cars, stunning...
I give all 5 stars to this hotel and I recommend it to anyone.
However, if I were the newly-appointed manager of this hotel, I would deal with these things:
1. I would appoint someone to be in charge of the pools' area. Not necessarily life guards but someone who would keep an eye on things there: first, to make sure that there are no outsiders (non-guests) using beds and pools (yes, I know they were there, a number of them) but also to make sure that the house rules are respected. There is a list of rules at the pools saying " no jumps into water", no use of balls in the water" etc but everybody is doing it, so why have the written rules there?
2. Again, about house rules: when you enter the restaurant you see a board with rules :" no shirts without sleeves for men ", no beach footwear" etc but actually many people wear shirts without sleeves and actually everybody walk in slippers. Even the person working there told me that they closed their eyes on these things. So, why have those rules so visibly posted there?
3. I would also have someone at the parking all the time. I saw somebody from time to time but that could be better, I think, as I couldn't find a space when I came, which is not a problem, as one can also park at hotel "Afrodita" space, which is only 20 meters further away, but I would still have the "parking issue" better organized. In short, there are enough places but it's a bit messy and someone should be there to tell me right away where to park. Just an idea...
These were just personal observations in case I become the manager one day but since I was "only" a tourist I must say that I simply loved this place, together with my wife and kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluesun Hotel Alga is located in Tučepi, one of the most beautiful destinations on the Makarska Riviera. Only a few steps away from the best known beach in Tučepi, Hotel Alga is ideal for guests who primarily want to have fun, meet new people, enjoy numerous sports activities in the nearby sports centre or go on various excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Bluesun Hotel Alga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluesun Alga Tucepi