We read the reviews before we booked and most are pretty accurate. The location is fantastic, walking distance to town, good parking, and the pool area is very nice.
The units, our friends had another, are run down. They need a rehab, especially for the price. There was some rust around our tub and the cabinets in the kitchen were beat up. The office staff isn't terribly friendly, and they don't go out of their way to do much. Towels and linens sparse and thread-bare.
If I could rate it a 2.5 I would but will be generous with a 3, just because the location is great. I don't think we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona