We last stayed at the King Kam in 1988. It is a wonderful hotel and museum. I used the fact that we were Marriott Courtyard members, and return guests, to request a free upgrade. We were granted the upgrade, with a beautiful view of the ocean, the small, luau area, ancient village, etc.
The hotel has been refurbished, and we were quite pleased with room and area. The room had a refrigerator, which was convenient. We purchased breakfast and lunch items at a nearby supermarket. This saved time and money. It was also great to pack a lunch and have a picnic on the road.
We thought it best to stay in Kona. Restaurants and shops are just steps away, as they say. There are more luxurious, Disney like hotels up the coast, but they are very far away.
Everyone was so friendly. People at the bar were very pleasant, but things there and in Kona, close up early. Last call at the hotel bar I believe was at 9pm.
We had to pay to park. A $10 fee. Things get crowded on luau nights, but we always found plenty of parking.
The hotel is also near the start and finish of the Iron Man Triathlon. Many photos in the hotel about this world famous race.
I would stay again, especially if given a free upgrade. As stated earlier, we liked staying Kona. The island of Hawaii is so big, it takes forever to get anywhere. Nice to know you don't have travel far to have a meal, shop, or sight see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel and restaurants newly renovated in 2011. All 452 rooms have been upgraded which feature complimentary high speed Internet access, private balconies, mini refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary Kona Coffee, 37' color flat screen television and complimentary in-room safe. You’ll experience a brand new hotel from the moment you step into the new lobby. You’ll also find completely renovated corridors, business center, meeting rooms, outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool and a 24-hour complimentary guest fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Marriott, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona