The Courtyard King Kamehameha Kona Beach Resort is in a perfect location. It is at the beginning of the shopping village with many wonderful places to eat at shop just a few steps away from the hotel, and it's also on a beach area (2 in fact) that has a protected swimming area and offers many water adventures! From our oceanview room we could watch the cruise ships come into the area, the outriggers go out with beginners and experienced sailors, weddings begin and end, snorklers go out and come back in, the morning "swim groups" take off, children and adults playing on the beautiful sand and just about all the activities that live on the main dock in Kialua-Kona. The hotel had perhaps the best staff that I have ever experienced anywhere-and I've traveled for my job for 22 years. Mahalo to the entire staff but especially Haidee at the front desk and Bernie in housekeeping! Arturo was the bellman that we always looked forward to seeing with his helpful smiles and his quick wit! The hotel has self parking in an enclosed lot that was easy in and out and I always felt was safe. The hotel pool is an infinity pool and wonderful poolside service for great food and drink. Their jacuzzi was very relaxing after a hard day of sighseeing and shopping! The hotel restaurant, Hona's, was indoor-outdoor with great food and great service. Our favorite restaurants on the strip just across from the hotel were Splasher's for great fish tacos, and the Fish Hopper for the best breakfasts and the perfect happy hour! Just a short walk up the hill from the hotel were coffee shops, more restaurants, Hilo Hattie's (a must for souveniers), Kona Brewing Company, and many other convenient locations.
The shops adjacent to our hotel came in handy for sundries (ABC) and great coffee and beautiful clothing!
I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat if I ever have the luxury of visiting this area again. From the minute we pulled our car up to the front was had excellent guest service that was personal and professional. I'm extremely picky when it comes to hotels and their staff, cleanliness and safety. This property should be a model for all hotels to follow! Mahalo to management for creating this environment and staffing only the very best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel and restaurants newly renovated in 2011. All 452 rooms have been upgraded which feature complimentary high speed Internet access, private balconies, mini refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary Kona Coffee, 37' color flat screen television and complimentary in-room safe. You’ll experience a brand new hotel from the moment you step into the new lobby. You’ll also find completely renovated corridors, business center, meeting rooms, outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool and a 24-hour complimentary guest fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona