We selected the ocean-facing suite and paid for breakfast in the Honu restaurant. Initially we got a room in the east wing which was not ideal, too close to traffic, although it did have a view of the water. We asked for a change to a quieter room and they were able to give us a much better room in the west wing. We had a beautiful view of the bay and beach, and the room itself was very comfortable and roomy. Service at the hotel was excellent. The buffet breakfast was very nice, with nice touches like small belgian waffles with fruit and coconut syrup, and made-to-order omelets. Of course, there was pineapple, although it's not grown on this island. The restaurant has a large outdoor area, which if one has breakfast early, say around 6:30, is nice and cool and quiet. The display of an enormous racing canoe, and the photos and artifacts on display, are quite interesting. I went skin diving in the little cove facing the hotel and saw innumerable and very varied exotic fish. It is an easy walk to bars and restaurants in Kona, and the staff are very pleasant and helpful with directions to other areas on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel and restaurants newly renovated in 2011. All 452 rooms have been upgraded which feature complimentary high speed Internet access, private balconies, mini refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary Kona Coffee, 37' color flat screen television and complimentary in-room safe. You’ll experience a brand new hotel from the moment you step into the new lobby. You’ll also find completely renovated corridors, business center, meeting rooms, outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool and a 24-hour complimentary guest fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona