We stayed here for 4 nights in January 2013 and thought it was a great location. We booked an oceanfront room and were very glad that we did. Our balcony looked out on the very calm bay so we could watch the boat traffic, snorkelers, paddleboarders, swim clubs, and kayakers. It was also the drop off place for the cruiseship tenders so it got very busy the 2 days that cruiseships were in port. There was also a large tree that was the nighttime home to hundreds of mynah birds. They were exceptionally noisy when they gathered to roost at night and when they left in the morning. It didn't wake us up but it was certainly very noisy. Our king room had a sofa and a small table with 2 chairs, a large closet and a safe. The hotel's location makes it easy to walk to shopping and restaurants. You can swim and snorkel or try the pool if you've gotten up early and reserved a seat. The concierge desk was helpful the 2 times we asked for recommendations for tours and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel and restaurants newly renovated in 2011. All 452 rooms have been upgraded which feature complimentary high speed Internet access, private balconies, mini refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary Kona Coffee, 37' color flat screen television and complimentary in-room safe. You’ll experience a brand new hotel from the moment you step into the new lobby. You’ll also find completely renovated corridors, business center, meeting rooms, outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool and a 24-hour complimentary guest fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona