I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights, the first week of December 2012, for a conference. The location was very convenient, close to lots of restaurants. A grocery store and drug store are located 3 blocks away and the rooms have mini-fridges which is handy for storing snacks and drinks. There was also free wireless! My room had a partial ocean view (mostly roof and pool) and the balcony was nice to have. The room was very clean when I arrived and was cleaned well each day. The only thing I missed was having a guide to what the TV channels were but that was not a big deal. I noticed other reviewers had problems with their bathtub draining but mine was fine. The beds were comfy and there were lots of pillows to choose from! I appreciated that there were swimming towels in the room. There is a large historic display in the lobby which is quite interesting. There is an ABC convenience store located on the main level that sells food, drinks and souvenirs (reasonably priced). I swam in the pool once but it was colder than the ocean so I didn't spent much time there. I only at in the restaurant twice, for breakfast both times. The food was okay but the service was kind of slow. There is a nice beach for swimming/snorkeling but there are always canoes going in and out so be aware of your surroundings. Turtles also come in and out of the area which was pretty cool! On the other side of the pier there is a public access swimming area that is great for snorkeling and longer distance swimming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel and restaurants newly renovated in 2011. All 452 rooms have been upgraded which feature complimentary high speed Internet access, private balconies, mini refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary Kona Coffee, 37' color flat screen television and complimentary in-room safe. You’ll experience a brand new hotel from the moment you step into the new lobby. You’ll also find completely renovated corridors, business center, meeting rooms, outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool and a 24-hour complimentary guest fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Marriott, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona