Honu Kai was without doubt the best Bed and Breakfast I have ever stayed in.
The property is beautiful, tucked away and feels extremely secluded. We stayed in the Lani suite, which was beautiful and well appointed. The new deck upstairs (doors from the Lani room) is stunning, with a view through the treetops, and a sliver of ocean in the distance.
Breakfast was great every morning. The fruit (some of it from the garden) was delicious, and the hot items were presented with style, and tasted superb. When we had to leave early (7am) for an excursion we were even given a hot breakfast to go, which tasted great (Dave's special egg muffin sandwiches are very tasty).
And saving the best for last, the jewel in the crown of this wonderful establishment is really Dave and Wendy themselves. They are amazingly helpful, open, welcoming, and caring. They helped to turn what would have been a good vacation into the memory of a lifetime. Their assistance was invaluable to help us make the most of our vacation. Especially helpful was their advice on how to make the most of our trip to the volcano, and which operators to use for snorkeling expeditions off shore. Every morning they were on hand with suggestions if we were debating what to do, when to do things, and how to get to places. Their recommendations were always useful, and occasionally invaluable.
Since returning from Hawaii, we have recommended Honu Kai to friends and family alike. It is a wonderful place, and we will be sure to stay here next time we make it to Hawaii.
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Hotel
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha filled vacation at a plantation styled B&B, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate. Private park-like setting,gated parking. 10 mins. from Kailua-Kona, shopping, beaches & restaurants. Old-growth garden, zen zone with lots of statuary, relaxing & peaceful, welcoming! Expansive covered and sun decks, garden jacuzzi. 4 spacious rooms, all private baths,luxury linens: bungalow w/kitchenette, 2 tree-top bedrooms with sundeck, & master suite w/deck area. Shared outdoor kitchen with huge gas BBQ, shared fridge. Concierge services, trip planning, owners are very knowledgeable of Island activities and special things to do. We provide snorkel equipment/beach chairs/bags/boogie boards/umbrellas. 3 course hot breakfast, varied daily: pastries, local tropical and exotic fruits, special dietary needs are catered to. Teas/Kona coffee 24/7. Adult guests, no children under 17 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Honu Kai B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.