My wife and I have stayed at the Honu Kai, B&B twice. We wouldn’t dream of going elsewhere when in the Kona area. We LOVE this place and here are the reasons why…
1. The owners, Dave & Wendi, are long-time residents of the Big Island, there really isn’t anything they don’t know about the island. Plus they’ve personally done all the excursions so they know what’s good and what isn’t. They're an endless source of information.
2. Dave & Wendi just might be the nicest two people on the planet. You’ll depart as best friends…guaranteed.
3. You’ll save $$ not having to rent boogie boards, beach chairs, beach towels, beach umbrella’s and snorkel gear. They have all of it for you to use.
4. The breakfast food is out of this world. So good you won’t need to eat lunch.
5. The Hona Kai is centrally located and easy to get to with shopping and excursions nearby.
6. The rooms are spotless and decorated exceptionally well.
7. Get this, they have a fully equipped outdoor kitchen with frig so you can make your own meals. This is a huge money saver since island restaurants can get pricey.
The Hona Kai gets an “A+” from us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha filled vacation at a plantation styled B&B, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate. Private park-like setting,gated parking. 10 mins. from Kailua-Kona, shopping, beaches & restaurants. Old-growth garden, zen zone with lots of statuary, relaxing & peaceful, welcoming! Expansive covered and sun decks, garden jacuzzi. 4 spacious rooms, all private baths,luxury linens: bungalow w/kitchenette, 2 tree-top bedrooms with sundeck, & master suite w/deck area. Shared outdoor kitchen with huge gas BBQ, shared fridge. Concierge services, trip planning, owners are very knowledgeable of Island activities and special things to do. We provide snorkel equipment/beach chairs/bags/boogie boards/umbrellas. 3 course hot breakfast, varied daily: pastries, local tropical and exotic fruits, special dietary needs are catered to. Teas/Kona coffee 24/7. Adult guests, no children under 17 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Honu Kai B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona