My husband and I spent 7 nights on the Big Island in late June/early July. Upon our jet-lagged arrival on the big island, we were promptly welcomed by Wendi and Dave to the Big Island with a cold Kona Brewing beer. We stayed in the Mahina Suite, which was wonderful! The bed was quite comfortable and the setting was great. The housekeeping was also stellar during our visit. The B&B is located such that air conditioning is not needed in the room, just fans, which is a nice respite from a hot, muggy, DC summer. This was definitely one of the nicest B&Bs we have stayed at!
And the breakfasts, oh the breakfasts! Dave makes a scrumptious breakfast, starting with fresh fruit and yogurt. We had fresh papayas & avocados from their property, such a treat. The main course for breakfast was also delicious and so filling that we didn't have room for lunch. We especially enjoyed the egg crepes and breakfast burritos. They also serve Kona coffee every morning, which is definitely needed when adjusting to the time difference.
To top it all off, as icing on the vacation cake, Wendi and Dave also have ALL of the supplies you need to have a good day exploring the Big Island, including beach chairs, boogie boards, snorkeling equipment, coolers/snacks, and growlers for buying your own Kona Brewing brew for sipping on the beach. Furthermore, if we ever had a question about an activity or where to go to do said activity, Dave always had a great recommendation. Honu Kai B&B is definitely one of the most inviting and welcoming bed and breakfasts we have ever stayed yet!
Mahalo, Wendi and Dave for a wonderful vacation experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha filled vacation at a plantation styled B&B, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate. Private park-like setting,gated parking. 10 mins. from Kailua-Kona, shopping, beaches & restaurants. Old-growth garden, zen zone with lots of statuary, relaxing & peaceful, welcoming! Expansive covered and sun decks, garden jacuzzi. 4 spacious rooms, all private baths,luxury linens: bungalow w/kitchenette, 2 tree-top bedrooms with sundeck, & master suite w/deck area. Shared outdoor kitchen with huge gas BBQ, shared fridge. Concierge services, trip planning, owners are very knowledgeable of Island activities and special things to do. We provide snorkel equipment/beach chairs/bags/boogie boards/umbrellas. 3 course hot breakfast, varied daily: pastries, local tropical and exotic fruits, special dietary needs are catered to. Teas/Kona coffee 24/7. Adult guests, no children under 17 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Honu Kai B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona