We recently spent 4 nights at Wendi and Dave's gorgeous condo on the Kohala Coast - at the Mauna Lani Golf Villas.
Wendi was incredibly helpful throughout the whole booking process and was a wealth of knowledge!
The condo is beautifully decorated, very Hawaiiana - we particularly loved the artwork and photographs throughout. The kitchen was well-stocked with everything you could need, and the whole place was spotlessly clean. There were plenty of brochures on local restaurants, information on tours and recommendations.
I used the laundry facilities and found all appliances and furnishings to be of a very high quality. We also particularly liked the sound system with Hawaiian music CDs to use, and found the wifi reliable and fast. The bed was also extremely comfortable.
The condo complex is lovely, very quiet and relaxing. It is across the road from the pool and fitness room, and a 3 minute drive to the Beach Club, with owner's parking and access, which is fantastic! Beautiful little protected beach, good snorkelling, deck chairs and cabanas and a great restaurant on site (Napua) with lovely cocktails and food.
It was a marvelllous stay and we only wish we'd had some time to spend at the B&B - we made a quick visit to say hi to Wendi and Dave and it was a secluded rainforest oasis!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha filled vacation at a plantation styled B&B, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate. Private park-like setting,gated parking. 10 mins. from Kailua-Kona, shopping, beaches & restaurants. Old-growth garden, zen zone with lots of statuary, relaxing & peaceful, welcoming! Expansive covered and sun decks, garden jacuzzi. 4 spacious rooms, all private baths,luxury linens: bungalow w/kitchenette, 2 tree-top bedrooms with sundeck, & master suite w/deck area. Shared outdoor kitchen with huge gas BBQ, shared fridge. Concierge services, trip planning, owners are very knowledgeable of Island activities and special things to do. We provide snorkel equipment/beach chairs/bags/boogie boards/umbrellas. 3 course hot breakfast, varied daily: pastries, local tropical and exotic fruits, special dietary needs are catered to. Teas/Kona coffee 24/7. Adult guests, no children under 17 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Honu Kai B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona