My husband and I stayed at the Honu Kai for six nights during our honeymoon.
Wendi and Dave were *amazing*. After reading all of the reviews here my expectations had been set very high - and despite that, Wendi and Dave surpassed them!
Every morning Dave and Wendi prepare a truly wonderful breakfast, complete with pastries, fresh guava and mango juice, fresh 100% Kona coffee, a fruit platter, and a main course. Every single dish was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. After you book with them, Wendi and Dave make a point of asking about any and all food allergies and preferences so that they can ensure that you are safe and deliciously sated. Dave and Wendi don't just ensure that you're happy and well-fed, they also fill their bird feeder every morning and put out jelly for the geckos - EVERYONE eats well here! :)
My fiance and I stayed in the Nigori suite, and I have never slept so well in my life. The bed and sheets were *so* comfortable! On our first morning my husband came out of the shower and said, "That shower was so good I forgot to wash my hair! S**t, why don't all showers have two shower heads?!" I also took an incredible bubble bath - the sunken tub was so big, I could float with my arms by my sides and legs fully extended and not touch the sides at all! (I'm 5'4").
Every day Wendi and Dave packed day packs for us so that we would have whatever we needed - flash lights, snacks, water, towels, sweatshirts, snorkeling gear (!!!), and anything else they thought we might find useful. They also provided amazing insider advice on all of our tours and excursions. They had print-outs with tips on what to bring/expect and how to get to all the different places we wanted to go. On the bedside table in our room they had included a thorough two-page review of all of their favorite restaurants in Kona, and directions on how to get to each.
It was clearly important to them that my husband and I have the best honeymoon possible. One evening we were getting ready to leave for dinner at the Pahu i'a (the VERY fancy restaurant that's right on the beach at the Four Seasons hotel) Wendi asked me what jewelry/accessories I was going to wear. I admitted that I hadn't brought any. She immediately went inside and came back out with three pairs of earrings, asking if I liked any of them and if I would want to wear them. They really define over-and-beyond service!
Additionally, on our last day our flight didn't leave until 10pm, but we needed to be out of the room earlier than that because they had other guests coming in (which, of course, absolutely made sense - what hotel lets guests check out at 10pm?). However, they wanted to make sure that we still had a full, wonderful last day in Hawaii, and so they gave us the keys and directions to the amazing villa that they own up the Kona coast and let us stay there and enjoy all of the amenities at that location at no extra charge!!!
No resort, hotel, or B&B *anywhere* could possibly be as amazing as the Honu Kai. BOOK this place - you will be so glad that you did!
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Hotel
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha filled vacation at a plantation styled B&B, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate. Private park-like setting,gated parking. 10 mins. from Kailua-Kona, shopping, beaches & restaurants. Old-growth garden, zen zone with lots of statuary, relaxing & peaceful, welcoming! Expansive covered and sun decks, garden jacuzzi. 4 spacious rooms, all private baths,luxury linens: bungalow w/kitchenette, 2 tree-top bedrooms with sundeck, & master suite w/deck area. Shared outdoor kitchen with huge gas BBQ, shared fridge. Concierge services, trip planning, owners are very knowledgeable of Island activities and special things to do. We provide snorkel equipment/beach chairs/bags/boogie boards/umbrellas. 3 course hot breakfast, varied daily: pastries, local tropical and exotic fruits, special dietary needs are catered to. Teas/Kona coffee 24/7. Adult guests, no children under 17 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Honu Kai B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.