We spent four nights at the Honu Kai in June in the Mala Hale bungalow. It was a beautiful little apartment with a fully equipped kitchen and its own lanai looking over the gorgeous garden area. Wendi and Dave were the perfect hosts, very friendly and helpful with planning what we should see to make the most of our time in the Kona area. All of their recommendations were excellent. The setting of Honu Kai is peaceful and the breakfasts every day were amazing--absolutely the best we have ever had at any B and B. The breakfast lanai area was a lovely outdoor dining room surrounded by birds and flowers, and the perfect place to start our mornings on the Big Island. Be sure to ask them about the private beach. We spent our last day in Hawaii relaxing, snorkeling, and exploring the fish ponds there. If you are planning to use the Kailua-Kona area as your starting point to explore that side of the Big Island, you should stay definitely chose the Honu Kai as your base. We loved it.
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Hotel
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha filled vacation at a plantation styled B&B, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate. Private park-like setting,gated parking. 10 mins. from Kailua-Kona, shopping, beaches & restaurants. Old-growth garden, zen zone with lots of statuary, relaxing & peaceful, welcoming! Expansive covered and sun decks, garden jacuzzi. 4 spacious rooms, all private baths,luxury linens: bungalow w/kitchenette, 2 tree-top bedrooms with sundeck, & master suite w/deck area. Shared outdoor kitchen with huge gas BBQ, shared fridge. Concierge services, trip planning, owners are very knowledgeable of Island activities and special things to do. We provide snorkel equipment/beach chairs/bags/boogie boards/umbrellas. 3 course hot breakfast, varied daily: pastries, local tropical and exotic fruits, special dietary needs are catered to. Teas/Kona coffee 24/7. Adult guests, no children under 17 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Honu Kai B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.