Many thanks to Wendi and Kona Dave for a great 'no plans - no worries' vacation. My wife and I went to their wonderful B&B with a week to spend, and no specific plans on what we were going to do while there. Wendi and Dave welcomed us to our own self contained room with separate entrance/bath. At 1000" elevation it was nice a cool, and we slept wonderfully that night and every night. Then for the next seven days we were served a satisfying breakfast (yum) to start our day. After breakfast they listened to whatever plans we had decided on for the day. Once they knew what we were thinking, they went out of the way to supply us with a 'daily planner' on how to get the best experience on what we wanted to do while out and about. Excellent tips on where to stop and see local sights, where to eat, and extra tidbits of what we might find along the way.
The overall experience was fantastic, and now we are totally spoiled for any future B&B stays. They have set the bar so high I'm sure it will never be broken. Now the only problem... how to get Wendi and Dave to go with us to help out on our next vacation. Love you guys!
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Hotel
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha filled vacation at a plantation styled B&B, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate. Private park-like setting,gated parking. 10 mins. from Kailua-Kona, shopping, beaches & restaurants. Old-growth garden, zen zone with lots of statuary, relaxing & peaceful, welcoming! Expansive covered and sun decks, garden jacuzzi. 4 spacious rooms, all private baths,luxury linens: bungalow w/kitchenette, 2 tree-top bedrooms with sundeck, & master suite w/deck area. Shared outdoor kitchen with huge gas BBQ, shared fridge. Concierge services, trip planning, owners are very knowledgeable of Island activities and special things to do. We provide snorkel equipment/beach chairs/bags/boogie boards/umbrellas. 3 course hot breakfast, varied daily: pastries, local tropical and exotic fruits, special dietary needs are catered to. Teas/Kona coffee 24/7. Adult guests, no children under 17 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Honu Kai B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.