We stayed with Wendi and Dave for 5 nights, and I'd never stay anywhere else in Kona. Here's why:
* It's simply lovely and cooler by far 8 minutes up the hill from the beach.
* Wendi and Dave anticipated so many of the things we might want: a glass of wine upon arrival, coolers, towels, boogie board, snacks, bottles of water. You name it.
* Breakfasts where delicious and huge. We BBQd on their outdoor grill several nights, saving $$$$ on food.
* They are fabulous hosts and we had such fun chatting with the other guests.
Add me to the list of Honu Kai fans!
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Hotel
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha filled vacation at a plantation styled B&B, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate. Private park-like setting,gated parking. 10 mins. from Kailua-Kona, shopping, beaches & restaurants. Old-growth garden, zen zone with lots of statuary, relaxing & peaceful, welcoming! Expansive covered and sun decks, garden jacuzzi. 4 spacious rooms, all private baths,luxury linens: bungalow w/kitchenette, 2 tree-top bedrooms with sundeck, & master suite w/deck area. Shared outdoor kitchen with huge gas BBQ, shared fridge. Concierge services, trip planning, owners are very knowledgeable of Island activities and special things to do. We provide snorkel equipment/beach chairs/bags/boogie boards/umbrellas. 3 course hot breakfast, varied daily: pastries, local tropical and exotic fruits, special dietary needs are catered to. Teas/Kona coffee 24/7. Adult guests, no children under 17 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Honu Kai B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.