We stayed 3 nights at the B&B in the Nigori Suite and 5 nights at the condo in Mauna Lani. Both were great. Dave and Wendi are terrific hosts. You feel like you are staying with friends or family rather than at a business establishment. They want to be sure that you have anyhing you need and go out of their way for the comfort of their guests. They make an incredible effort to anticipate what you might want and try to provide it. The Aloha spirit is alive and well at the Honu Kia B&B. We were greated on our first night with a lovely Mia Tai served in a fresh pineapple and garnished with fresh flowers.The breakfasts at the B&B were unbelievable. Breads and muffins followed by a yummy fruit plate plus a great entree. The presentation was beautiful and the selections included food items that were grown right in the yard. The decorating is perfect with many thoughtful touches included throughout the rooms. The B&B suite was very large with a walk in closet and a generous bathroom with a very deep tiled tub. The decking at the B&B is wonderful and makes it seem as if you are living outside. The condo was great with a lovely pool right across the street. You also have access to a terrific private beach club. You are not on the ocean but have access to it whenever you would like. The condo is beautiful and open. We were provided detailed turn by turn directions for many of the local destinations. A great deal of effort had been given to make things easy for the guests. I would not hesitate to recommend B&B at either location.
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Hotel
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha filled vacation at a plantation styled B&B, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate. Private park-like setting,gated parking. 10 mins. from Kailua-Kona, shopping, beaches & restaurants. Old-growth garden, zen zone with lots of statuary, relaxing & peaceful, welcoming! Expansive covered and sun decks, garden jacuzzi. 4 spacious rooms, all private baths,luxury linens: bungalow w/kitchenette, 2 tree-top bedrooms with sundeck, & master suite w/deck area. Shared outdoor kitchen with huge gas BBQ, shared fridge. Concierge services, trip planning, owners are very knowledgeable of Island activities and special things to do. We provide snorkel equipment/beach chairs/bags/boogie boards/umbrellas. 3 course hot breakfast, varied daily: pastries, local tropical and exotic fruits, special dietary needs are catered to. Teas/Kona coffee 24/7. Adult guests, no children under 17 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Honu Kai B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.