We recently started our family holiday at the Kona Sugar Shack and what a beautiful, serene few days we had.
Jae and John laid out a wonderful house for us to enjoy for three nights. Everything was clean, comfortable and welcoming. It was really like having our our own, secluded flat in a family home.
The beds were large and comfortable and plenty of room for a couple plus two kids. Also, the kitchen well-appointed and a lovely outside dining area and pool.
We were right opposite the White Sands Beach, which is one of the best swimming beaches we found on the Big Island, and sat by the pool watching the sunset most nights. Also, John and Jae had heaps of gear available to help our day trips - snorkeling, picnic etc.
Thanks again for a great place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Sugar Shack Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sugar Shack Hotel
- Kona Sugar Shack Kailua
- Kona Sugar Shack Hotel Kailua
- Kona Sugar Shack Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Sugar Shack Vacation Inn is perched on the mauka (mountain side) of Alii Drive, adjacent to Magic Sands Beach (White Sands Beach) known as the premiere boogie-boarding spot on the Kona Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Swim in the warm tropical Pacific waves or snorkel and scuba in your own private cove only steps away from the Kona Sugar Shack. Green Sea Turtles, Spinner Dolphins, Whales and a variety of colorful tropical fish flourish in the clear blue water of Sugar Shack Cove. ... more less