Absolutely 5 stars!!! The Anniversary suite was amazing. The decor was comfortable and inviting. View of the ocean across the street can't be beat. Very comfortable bed in the main bedroom and two cozy single beds which converted from the couches. Well stocked kitchen (appliances, tools, condiments).
It was perfect for us with two small children. Luxury of having pool downstairs, but no safety issues. Toddler could play on the balcony and then we could take her down to the pool at our leisure. The house was stocked with pack and play, kids toys, bounce chair and more!
For scuba divers, we were able to dive the four mile site right across the street. It was so easy. The great public beach for kiddos was right there as well.
Jae and John were both very helpful with Big Island tips and making sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely be back to the "shack".
Also, great location, close to downtown Kailua-Kona. Shuttle picks up right outside the house too.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Sugar Shack Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sugar Shack Hotel
- Kona Sugar Shack Kailua
- Kona Sugar Shack Hotel Kailua
- Kona Sugar Shack Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Sugar Shack Vacation Inn is perched on the mauka (mountain side) of Alii Drive, adjacent to Magic Sands Beach (White Sands Beach) known as the premiere boogie-boarding spot on the Kona Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Swim in the warm tropical Pacific waves or snorkel and scuba in your own private cove only steps away from the Kona Sugar Shack. Green Sea Turtles, Spinner Dolphins, Whales and a variety of colorful tropical fish flourish in the clear blue water of Sugar Shack Cove. ... more less