“Excellent southern thai food that SHOULD NOT be missed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Laddawan's Phuket Monkey Thai Cuisine

Laddawan's Phuket Monkey Thai Cuisine
75-5660 Kopiko Street, Kopiko Plaza No B6, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740-3121
+(1)808-333-5395
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 209 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Thai
Aurora, Colorado
“Excellent southern thai food that SHOULD NOT be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife and I happened to have a craving for spicy food and this restaurant hit the spot! The food here is what sets this restaurant out from the rest.....savory over the sweet. I had the drunken noodle dish and had it "spicy monkey" style, and let me tell you, this level of spicy is not for the faint of heart (and it does not take from the flavor of the food). They have lower levels of spicy if you cannot tolerate the heat...I just love my Thai food very spicy. We met the owners and had a very lovely conversation with them. My wife just loved their panang curry. She mentioned that you can really taste the freshness of the vegetables used in the dish. If, there was one word we could use to describe the food here, its "DELICIOUS!" This restaurant ranks high up with our favorite Thai restaurant in Denver. If you are on the island, make sure you stop by as you will definitely enjoy the food here (and tame the spicy craving that you may have)!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sacramento, California
“Home cooked style”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great service, and Andy was very friendly and helpful with directions to get there. This was the only Thai place we ate at, so I can't compare to others on the island. My daughter had the chicken satay which was very good, and I had the red curry with shrimp. I'm not used to the strong smoked paprika flavor, so I didn't enjoy it as much. It doesn't feel like a restaurant, more like a cantina atmosphere. But if you're looking for a good value for money and great service, and convenient parking, try it out.

Visited June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Ok not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We saw great reviews and decided to try. The food was ok. We were there at dinner time and were the only customers there. The owner talked to is incessantly while we were trying to eat.

The food was ok but the experience was awkward. Maybe it was just a fluke.

Quapaw, Oklahoma
“A must eat when you are in Kona, Hawaii”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

If you are wanting to experience a unique restaurant where the food, owner, and staff are amazing, don't miss this. We ate there twice on a one week vacation.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

A wonderful meal - caters for vegetarians, and carnivores alike. The chicken satay was excellent and the peanut sauce out of this world. The main course garlic chicken stir fry was just perfect. The right side of spicy, and brown rice was perfectly cooked. My partners meal - spring rolls, followed by a red tofu curry were equally excellent.

The only drawback is not serving alcohol, but this makes for an incredibly healthful and fresh tasting experience. It's also very good value for money.

• Visited May 2014