“Great beer” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 209 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The 2,000-square-foot outdoor lanai, surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and tiki torches, offers seating for 175 patrons. Customers also can enjoy a cool meal or beverage inside the air-conditioned bar area at one of several surrounding tables or at the koa U-shaped bar itself. Inside the bar area is the retail store, stocked with colorful T-shirts, hats, towels, coasters, mugs and much more.
“Great beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Much better service this time. We always stop at least once each trip. Pastrami sand which was very good. Fish was fresh as well. Love their beer. I was going to get a t-shirt but thought better of that at $30.00 plus tax. It's a t-shirt with their name on it, $30..00 really?

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

LaPorte, Indiana
“Solid beer, warm and lively atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

My husband and I are huge craft beer fans and they had some great options, including some creative and unique beers. Pizza was good, beer was excellent - loved the harvest ale they had on tap. We had trouble finding seating in the bar area on our first visit but that wasn't a problem for us. On our second visit we had no trouble sitting down. Great staff, great service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Good pizza, good beer and good service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

After a day on the beach I took my family here. I had heard it was good for pizza and I was looking forward to trying their beer. People had told me it was great but I am always a bit skeptical.
Fortunately it was awesome. :)
We walked in and were greeted right away. We had to wait ten minutes so I checked out the gift shop. I bought a cool tshirt and then we had a table.
My two boys were starving so it was great not to wait too long. We ordered my youngest a plain cheese pizza and the rest of us shared a large Hawaiian (of course).
The server was very patient with us as our kids are a handful and like to change their minds and can't decide very quickly.
The pizza was really tasty and the beer exceeded expectations.
I took my oldest son to the washroom which was clean and well kept. On the way there we passed the kitchen were the guys making the pizza were throwing the dough up in the air. They saw us stop and watch and really did a show for us. The guy was really having a good time and my son was amazed and his skill. The dough would fly up in the air, around his head, under his arm and then back up in the air again. Really cool. Not something they are known for but this guy went beyond his job description to show us a good time.
I am a tough critic and I highly recommend this place. Not only for a good meal but a good time.
Thanks Kona Brewing Company. We appreciate the great service a high value experience.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great place , good beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to find out we could walk from our hotel on Alii Dr.
And since we "run slightly ahead of the crowd", we were seated right away in the
lovely outside patio. It is a lush garden setting, no view, as the brewery is located
in a warehouse type area. However, that does not take away from the dining experience.
We enjoyed the special taps of beer. We also enjoyed our pizza that had a good crust and
a decent amount of topping ( of course, we had to have pineapple)....the servers were
friendly and informative. In fact, the whole staff seemed to be engaged in the task at hand
and did a nice job.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Napa, California
“Great Pizza and Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

After taking the brewery tour, we came back the next day for the food. We started with the cheese focccacia bread. Three of us had a thick crust chicken, bacon, ranch pizza which was great. My husband had the crab cakes which were large and full of crab. Paired with the honey blond beer.... it was terrific! We dined outside and watched the geckos run up and down the trees.

Visited December 2013