“Simply AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars

78-6800 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740   |
Houston, Texas
“Simply AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

I started by saying AWESOME because it is the only word I can pick to describe the experience we had with Sandy. She was so professional and helped each step of the way with planning our trip.

This was our 20th wedding anniversary trip with our two children. We wanted to visit the big island of Hawaii. We had heard of how this was the island that offered the most diversity for families. The beauty is something to behold, and the venues and interest abound.

The townhouse is centrally located and not too far from the airport of beaches. We surfed, visited the volcano, went to 7 different beaches, and visited the lava tubes. We also were able to visit the rain forest, and beach combed to our hearts content.

Sandy’s home was our home away from homes. It was well equipped and really made feel relaxed. We cooked daily and washed clothes as needed. The staff helped at every turn.

Sandy provided advice when asked and the townhouse had tour guide books available on the coffee table.

Thank you Sandy!

We love your home.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Western Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

We love the Big Island and we greatly enjoy the Keahou area. Finding the Keahou Kona Surf and Racquet Club was perfect for us - very well-kept area, gated for a more secure feeling, central to a lot of Ancient Hawaiian history , within an easy walk to the Outrigger Resort where we enjoyed many cultural events, watching the sunsets at the bar over the tide pool, snorkeling at the nearby bay (our favorite snorkeling place!!), within a short drive to the Keahou Shopping Center -- but most of all, townhome 196 where we stayed was right on the ocean - the sounds of the waves was wonderful, we could see tangs in the water, occasionally manta rays, often sea turtles feeding or resting on the beach, and we watched every single sunset, most from our own lanai at townhome 196. So relaxing - and out of the busy tourist area of Kona.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

This was our 6th stay at KSRC. It fits our needs perfectly. The location is out of the chaos of town, access to roads north or south is perfect, and the shopping center that is within walking distance fits the vacation planning mode (minimal and spontaneous) . We have stayed at Townhouse 59 the last 2 times and plan to stay there Xmas 2011. Sandy K. is an absolutely wonderful host/person to work with.
Aloha, Scott and Barbara / Bellingham, WA

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

First, apologies to Sandy for such a late review; I kept meaning to write one, but this past year has been busy with a move/job change, another big trip, and other events.

The service before and during my trip was outstanding. Due to various circumstances I had to change circumstances and scheduling more than once. Sandy was patient and incredibly helpful throughout the process, and went out of her way to accomodate me. She also let me stay alone for a great price. I can't quite remember, but I also think my 3-night stay was less than the normal minimum stay requirement, but it was perfectly sandwiched between 2 other reserved times.

The unit itself was way more than I needed, and was, in my opinion, better than the pictures. Travelling alone at this point, I only used one room, and I was typically out and adventuring, mostly only using the place to crash at night, except the last day, and I certainly wish I had been able to stay longer. The kitchen is fantastic and modern, the whole places was well-stocked with soap, detergent, etc., unlike some of the other condos I've stayed at, only stocked with minimum supplies.

The free parking was handy, only about 20' away from the door. I liked that the condo was just outside the crowds of Kona, but also close enough to get there quickly.

The back of the condo's yard is right on the water, closer than many of the other condos I saw. It was also more private; only my neighbors *might* walk through it, though they never did. Hard to explain, but some of the other condo backyards were more open to the little beach, and thus ran the risk of people walking through your back area to get to the beach. The one little criticism was the angle of the sunset at that time of the year (February). I wasn't facing it, it was to the 'left' of the backyard.

The master on the 2nd floor looks out at the water, and the surf/waves helped me sleep at night. I suppose that might not be good for some travellers that want dead silence, but sometimes I need white noise in hotels when travelling, so for me it was great. Every morning I saw turtles from the window, and ate breakfast on the patio; I'd typically be reluctant to leave, but I had busy schedule of things to do and see. On the last day, I saw whales breaching and tail-slapping from the condo. You can also see part of a historical site from the window, although I never ended up walking over there.

All in all, it was a fantastic place with great service. If I ever return to Kona I'd stay there again, and I recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

I challenge you to find a more comfortable, spacious, beautiful condo in Kona. The place is HUGE and well stocked! Don't get me started about the wrap-around lanai, it's unbelievable. When someone tells me to "go to your happy place" the lanai of 1-301 is where I'm going to go.
True, it's a bit of a drive to get to the main drag, but who wants to maneuver for an ocean side spot at an expensive breakfast spot, when you have the best view on the Big Island, who needs to leave?
I was a bit nervous paying up front, but I'm a nervous nelly. I couldn't have asked for an easier transaction, and Jacque provides you with all the contact info you need.
I can't wait to get back to the Big Island and to this amazing condo!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed in a 2nd-floor condo in building 4, condo #4-202. If you want an oceanfront view, you need to stay in one of buildings 1-5. The condo was great - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, dining area, family room with TV, cable, and internet. HUGE lanai right on the ocean. Slept to the smells and sounds of the ocean all night in a bedroom right off the lanai. Stayed here for 10 days with nobody above or below us. That could have made a difference as one day the cleaning crew came in to clean the condo above us and the noise of people walking around up there was pretty significant.

Anyway, very spacious, breezy condo with lots of ceiling fans. A few beach toys for the kids and the kitchen had plenty of plates and glasses, but no cutting boards and extremely dull knives. Have to keep the kitchen clean, or these small ants will appear out of nowhere. Shopping center with a full grocery store about 2 minutes away. Place has a pool, but it is kind of blah. Much better to jump in the ocean from the lava rock off your lanai and do some snorkeling. Unbelievably good snorkeling right there.

From what I could see of the townhomes, I would definitely avoid them. They looked old and extremely outdated, and had very small windows on the ocean side. The condos looked to be much better. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Holladay, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

This is a great condo. The waves are crashing on the Lava Rocks just a few yards from your door. The condo has snorkling gear, with a great snorkling beach (complete with sea turtles) just a few minutes walk down the street. The Condo is just south of Kona near a shopping complex, which is so nice. There is also a nice beach for body surfing just up the road.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Keauhou Kona Surf And Racquet Club Resort? Share your experiences!