We stayed at # 3-304 in June for two weeks which was owned by a retired elderly man and managed by his daughter. She was wonderful to work with and stocked the unit with lots of water sports equip ( boogie boards, snorkel/mask/fins, golf clubs, tennis racquets etc) we used a lot and saved us numerous rental fees. Being a corner unit it had a warp around lanai which had lots of room as were had four adults and two kids staying in this 3 BR unit.
Waking up every morning to Kona Cofee and the ocean view was unbeatable plus most nights we had gorgeous sunsets and then played cards while enjoying the evening breezes.
We overlooked the ocean (lava coastline) and the soothing sounds of gentle waves lapping at the seashore was so enjoyable that we missed going to sleep at night without that sleep aid once we returned. The furnishings were just what we needed to spread out and be comfortable
and the kitchen had everything we needed. The Condos had a nice uncrowded pool and excellent tennis courts ( with lights) which we took advantage of.
Only drawbacks were going up and down the stairs to the 3rd floor (tiring, but my legs were stronger after two weeks than when I arrived). Also this building did not have central AC so
on the days there were no coastal breezes blowing the ceiling fans were not quite enough for our comfort. Otherwise the location was only minuted form all the places along the Kona coast
and easy access from the freeway when we toured other parts of the Island.
All in all, a much preferred experience to a resort hotel / resort with no kitchen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Description: The Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club Resort is a 4-star resort located in Keauhou on the sunny Kona Coast of the Big Island, Hawaii. The resort is adjacent to a sandy beach and was once the residence of four Hawaiian kings including the Great King Kamehameha. There are 197 privately-owned units at the resort with 77 townhouses and 120 condos with some beachfront and many oceanfront units along with ocean and fairway view condos. Townhouse #48 is a charming yet elegant condo situated in the Keauhou Kona Surf & Racquet Club only steps from the beautiful Kona beaches. The condo is stocked with everything you need to enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Keauhou Kona Surf And Racquet Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keauhou Kona Surf And Racquet Club Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Keauhou Kona Surf And Racquet Club Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona